Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

shipwreck22, uGotoWned/ugotowned & _angord_/num...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Myrmecophaga Jun 15 2008, 09:46 AM
Good Luck!

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2uGotoWned Jun 15 2008, 21:00 PM
heyy smile.gif

+
# 3_Angord_ Jun 16 2008, 05:32 AM
Hey

What civ would you like to learn?

If you post a couple of replays in this topic then I can take a look at them.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 4shipwreck22 Jun 22 2008, 02:46 AM
Hey...

Sorry for posting so late, but i was elsewhere during this week.

Anywho, I would like to learn how to play the ports in rush, but brits and french are also good.

A quick question: How do I upload replays here?

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 5_Angord_ Jun 23 2008, 08:15 AM
I can't help you with ports sorry as saying that I use them rarely is an exaggeration. I can however help you with the brits as they are my main civ, and I know quite a lot about them.

As for posting replays in this topic all you need to do is click on "add reply" button and then add the replay as an attachment to your post. I am assuming that you know where all your recorded games are stored on your computer, however if you don't know then let me know and I can step you through the process.

+
# 6shipwreck22 Jun 24 2008, 03:25 AM
Thanks, that'll help. Anywho, what would the basic start for a Brit game look like? And what adjustments would i need to make to go musket or lbow? I like team games, but i'll do 1v1 once in a while.

+
# 7_Angord_ Jun 24 2008, 05:43 AM
Brits are quite good in team games so you should be able to do quite well with them(depending on your partner(s) of course.

Basically if I'm going to make musketeers and I only have one barracks then I tend to have 3 villagers on gold, around 8-10 on wood and the rest on food. Of course you should always adjust this if you find that you are getting to much of one resource or you need more of another. If you have 2 barracks then you just basically double the number of villager on gold so in this case it would be around 6.

If I'm going to go lbow which I tend to prefer in team games then you don't need any villagers on gold and you should split your villagers so that about half are on wood and half are on food. To make lbows fast at the start, its a good idea to send the 700 wood shipment as your first town center shipment in the second age.

If you could manage to get a recorded game and post it here that would be great cause you may be making some mistakes that can only be picked up through watching you play. It doesn't matter if the recorded game is a team game. Since we are both on different sides of the world It is very unlikely we will both be online at the same time hence the importance of the recorded games.

I will try and upload some recorded games if you like of me doing some typical starts as the British just so you can get a better idea of things.

+
# 8shipwreck22 Jun 24 2008, 15:51 PM
Ok, that helps a lot. I've known how to do musket, but barely, and i could never get the lbows down. The wood needed to produce them and that for houses always is in short supply. Plus, how are the vills rearanged while aging to Colonial? Forgot to ask.

This post has been edited by shipwreck22: Jun 24 2008, 19:30 PM

+
# 9_Angord_ Jun 25 2008, 05:56 AM
If your going to make muskets then you should be using the politician that gives you an outpost and 200 gold. This means that when your aging to colonial you don't need the 3 villagers on gold so I suggest putting them onto wood so you can maybe make an extra house or even a market.
When you reach the second age put those 3 villagers onto gold and collect the 200 gold from aging up.

To do lbow you pretty much do exactly the same, probably only about 6-7 villagers on food is all you really need, often you can get away with way less than this, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. Put all the rest of your villagers on wood during the age up period. When you age up I suggest that you use the politician that gives you 400 wood. I also suggest using the first 100 wood you collect whilst aging to colonial to build a market and research gang saw. I tend to feel that unless you can foresee a need for food that all your villagers that you get from creating houses during the age up to colonial should be tasked to gather more wood

+
# 10shipwreck22 Jun 25 2008, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(_Angord_ @ Jun 25 2008, 00:56 AM) *

If your going to make muskets then you should be using the politician that gives you an outpost and 200 gold. This means that when your aging to colonial you don't need the 3 villagers on gold so I suggest putting them onto wood so you can maybe make an extra house or even a market.
When you reach the second age put those 3 villagers onto gold and collect the 200 gold from aging up.

To do lbow you pretty much do exactly the same, probably only about 6-7 villagers on food is all you really need, often you can get away with way less than this, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. Put all the rest of your villagers on wood during the age up period. When you age up I suggest that you use the politician that gives you 400 wood. I also suggest using the first 100 wood you collect whilst aging to colonial to build a market and research gang saw. I tend to feel that unless you can foresee a need for food that all your villagers that you get from creating houses during the age up to colonial should be tasked to gather more wood

Yeah, sounds good, but the brits, iirc, don't get the quartermaster. (400 wood guy) I'm guessing then to use the 500 food guy instead. post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 11uGotoWned Jun 25 2008, 16:11 PM
Hey sorry i completely forgot about this forum sad.gif how are u guys?
I like brits and im ok with them however i need some tips on rushing and manor booming straight after (if thats possible)lol. I will post some recordings as soon as i can. p.s i wouldnt mind learning france or russia. Thanks

+
# 12uGotoWned Jun 25 2008, 20:47 PM
btw what times u usually come on?

This post has been edited by uGotoWned: Jun 25 2008, 21:19 PM

+
# 13uGotoWned Jun 25 2008, 21:15 PM
Hey, i have recording using brits. I failed terribly but still won biggrin.gif can you please help with my eco issues he outboomed me sad.gif My herding was so bad and hence i lost a few vills and also my micro sucked aswell. It wasn't my best game but please give me some feedback smile.gif Thankss

Attached File(s)
Attached File Ugotowned_v_Pleaseno.age3Yrec
Size: 436.6k
Number of downloads: 50
Player Name Side Team
[TSFTS] Pleaseno 1
[=ESO=] ugotowned 2

+
# 14_Angord_ Jun 26 2008, 06:06 AM
QUOTE(shipwreck22 @ Jun 26 2008, 03:36 AM) *

Yeah, sounds good, but the brits, iirc, don't get the quartermaster. (400 wood guy) I'm guessing then to use the 500 food guy instead. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Yes sorry my mistake I must have been thinking about a different civ. Use the 500 food but only leave like 2-3 villagers on food and the rest on wood when you are aging up.

I will have a look at your game ugotowned.

+
# 15_Angord_ Jun 27 2008, 09:42 AM
You didn't play that bad uGotOwned. Personally I think you initial strategy was wrong. I think muskets to start with is a far better start because muskets beat lbows in small numbers because have a faster rate of fire. Also if you had gone muskets you wouldn't have been caught out early by the cav that your opponent had.

You forgot to make villagers at some points in the game. Forgetting to make villagers for say 20 seconds may seem pretty insignificant but doing that 5-6 times in a game all adds up and if your playing a good opponent you will get beaten purely because of this. Also I would have liked you to built a market reasonably early and research the techs.

+
# 16uGotoWned Jun 27 2008, 15:36 PM
ok thanks alot bowdown.gif . They sound like really stupid mistakes blush.gif how do i know when to go musk? all the time or? would the 6 longbow card help when mixed in with the musk? thanks

+
# 17shipwreck22 Jun 27 2008, 20:52 PM
I've tried your tips and they work liike a charm, though i've edited the strat a little _Angord_. Haven't gotten a decent rec yet, but it'll come soon.

+
# 18_Angord_ Jun 27 2008, 22:06 PM
Cool. It's good to see that your making your own little changes to strats. Every player has their own strengths and weaknesses so if you can change a strat to match your strengths more then good job.

This post has been edited by _Angord_: Jun 27 2008, 22:06 PM

+
# 19uGotoWned Jul 2 2008, 15:18 PM
hey, u think a gren with musk combo is good?

+
# 20_Angord_ Jul 3 2008, 05:43 AM
Its not to bad. I think its a strat that's not that easy to pull off effectively and seen better days.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)