The Asian Dynasties

menphis , gberlinck,, Daffy & etrips888

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Myrmecophaga Jun 15 2008, 09:51 AM
Good Luck!

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2Daffy Jun 15 2008, 21:06 PM
Hey! my real name is daffy and i am from south carolina, US. my online ESO name is captainjackinoff. I am 13 years old and will be 14 in 2 months biggrin.gif. anyway i look forward to workin with u etrips.

now if someone would tell me how to post my replays in the forums i would appreciate it.

+
# 3menphis Jun 16 2008, 01:49 AM
Hi my name is Daniel...im from colombia...my nick in ESO is menphis..im 20 yeras old...im i'll post recs...so here w goooo.....

Gl everyone

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 4gberlinck Jun 16 2008, 14:11 PM
Hi everyone

My name is Guilherme, im from Brazil and im here to learn how to do well with russia, german or aztecs. Actually russia is my first civ and i won 70% witl them. German and aztecs im trying right now.
According to what i saw at your eso names nobody here is an aztec player but thats ok.

Well any tip will bem great.

I will post here some recs ok?

Thanks

+
# 5menphis Jun 16 2008, 18:43 PM
ok so...here is my first game biggrin.gif so...i not good enougth with portus so...plz take a look this....

thx tongue.gif tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File Grabar_partida_1.age3Yrec
Size: 473.24k
Number of downloads: 55
Player Name Side Team
[-LtM-] menphis 1
[-LtM-] hOnOr_kAmIkAzE 2

+
# 6etrips888 Jun 16 2008, 19:54 PM
o wow i swear i checked and didnt see the topic up already..sorry guys..but anyway hey im chris from california and happy to help ya guys out
I know ive played a game with daffy already and talked with him a bit but havent had a chance to talk with u guys just yet so hopefully ill see u on soon
@menphis-ill take a look at that game today and give u some tips..not a port player myself but i tihnk i can still help ya out

o and just to tell ya guys post any games u have..wins or losses..losses are most times better to learn from anyway smile.gif and for my own convinence could u guys possibly rename the games just like (your name-civ)_vs_(opponents name-civ) that would be great..if you dont know how its fine..i can still do it myself its just so i dont lose track of the games and can find them right away in my recs folder

and if u guys want try to give me a quick look at how u play-like what are ur main civs, favorite strats, what you think is your biggest strength and weakness and what kind of stuff u would want to learn or get better at and we can start from there

@gberlink-good news for you..even though i have more games with germany under my belt i actually have been playing aztec exclusively lately so i can give u some tips there!

@ daffy-sorry i just missed ya on ESO...i was hoping to tell ya how to post recs but ill just tell ya here..what u want to do if click add reply and type a message like you usually would but closer to the bottom of the page there is an add atachment option where u want to find and add the rec..its that easy!

This post has been edited by etrips888: Jun 16 2008, 20:00 PM

+
# 7etrips888 Jun 16 2008, 20:20 PM
ok so menphis I just watched ur game and overall it was good..nice fish boom gave u the superior eco and gave you the win and shows how dangerous ports can be when they are given the water uncontested

again I don't play ports much but there are a few things from watching recs of port players that I thought i would tell ya

-i always seem to see people send 700 wood as their first colonial card to get a second dock and fishing boats out sooner..that extra tc with MM should give u time until u can send 8 xbows next if needed
-move that tc closer to the water..in maps like this the water is crucial for ports and placing that extra tc right on the water gives u so much leverage if he sends ws to attack ur fishing
-you had a lot of extra resources throughout the game..sometimes 2-3k of food and 1k of wood! that is something you never want. extra resources don't do anything for you unless you are saving up to age or for a card or something..put down another rax and stable forward after u took the middle from him and pump out units! keep making units until u are broke..trust me that is an important idea in this game..floating resources are a big liability

there are a few more things i could point out but ill leave it as this for now..if you want to find out some more things just pm me on ESO or something..keep posting games!

+
# 8gberlinck Jun 16 2008, 20:38 PM
Hi Chris (etrips888)

Im very happy to have a captain as my mentor. lol
I hope that we can do a great job here.

Well, as i sad before my first civ is russia, but at vanilla. At TAD i wanna play just german and aztecs. I saw your stats and realise that you play german and aztecs too!! Great!!

So, my play stile is almost rush and, if i couldnt finish by this strat i try to make a boom. I dont like long games so i always go to atack just at the begining but sometimes my rush is not so good and when this faild i usually lost because of my eco. I dont have a rush BO with any civ and i think that this isnt good. Do you think that i need a BO?

Tomorrow ill post here some recs with german and aztecs, ok?

Thanks a lot!!

+
# 9etrips888 Jun 16 2008, 20:44 PM
ok sounds good..BOs are a good way to start off as a base but usually you want to try to rework them yourself from game to game..germany probably has the simplist BO right now for a rush compared to aztec but aztec rush can be very strong..post some recs and maybe i will also of myself

but not trying to put down this site at all but at agesanctuary they have a lot of expert players posting some of their recs..a good place to see some expert play
and the Lost clan is hosting a tourney for all the best players so you can find some good recs there as well!

but post some games and ill try to give u some tips as well

+
# 10Daffy Jun 16 2008, 20:59 PM
ok thank you. i saved some recs for this program but right now i cant find them because they are all titled record game 1, 2, 3 etc. so I will have to go find them later. But here is one i found with me playing against germans.

If u could watch and tell me what i did wrong etrips thtat would be great.

Attached File DaffyFrench_vs_Germans.age3Yrec
Size: 398.99k
Number of downloads: 43
Player Name Side Team
[=P4L=] CaptainJackinoff 1
[ðµµ"] ProjectW 2

+
# 11menphis Jun 17 2008, 04:14 AM
hey etrips888 thx 4 the comments men... biggrin.gif i'll try to get better..so..i will post another rec ..thx

PD:i will download this game so...if i can give u advice ill do
GL

+
# 12gberlinck Jun 17 2008, 12:16 PM
Attached File gberlinck_aztecs_vs_magicMMM_british_deccan.age3Yrec
Size: 533.38k
Number of downloads: 42
Player Name Side Team
[TTPER] gberlinck 1
[R_G_M] MagicMMM 2
Ok, hi guys

Here's a rec. Aztecs (me) against british at deccan. It was a gg but with a lot of mistakes by myself. A lot of times i refuse and didnt atack earlier. I could had win if i had put more pressure but thats ok. The server faild and this game didnt make anything with my points and suffs. lol

As a first card i choose 3 vills but sometimes 4 pumas to tresures. I age with 15 vills and with "xama" the guy that bring me a rax. When i click the bottom to age, 6 on wood and rest food. Is this a good choice? Than i build a trade post and a market. I could had atack by 5 mins buit i didnt. My opponent go to a FF. AT age 4 he came with rockets and i couldnt do anything more. Damit...

Anyway, if you guy can take a look and give me some tips to improve ok?

Next rec will come very soon

Thanks a lot!!

+
# 13etrips888 Jun 17 2008, 19:08 PM
i will watch the game later but I just thought I would comment on the start as aztecs..me personally never follow the same BO every time..I always change it depending on map, starting crates, opponent, strat Im doing, etc. Like for example if I have 150-200 wood after FP and a house I don't like chosing the rax politician, I usually go with the 2 skull knights. Again Ill watch the game probably in the next hour or so and Ill comment again. Maybe ill post some aztec games I have also

+
# 14etrips888 Jun 17 2008, 21:02 PM
ok first gberlink
Long game so i will try to remember as much as I can from it
-The start was good, but you did have the neccessary wood for a warhut when you aged so it might have actually been better if u decided to use the fast age up time and use that 250 wood to build a warhut up closer.
-build one or two vills during age up, before you send your first card so you dont get housed and cant build vills for a bit
-scout out his base, not only to see if he is FFing but also if he is going to go gold heavy units (musket/hussar) or wood (lb and pike)
-Whenever I play aztecs I love using coyotes, especially when I have excess food, so send the maces cards first but then just spam coyotes until u have 10-15
-throughout the game u had multiple points where u could have pushed forward like you said instead of keeping back. for example you should have attacked right when he aged to take out his units before they got upgraded. And there were also multiple points where ur army could have easily taken his if u kept after him. and on this subject, try making sure ur maces attack muskets while ur coyotes attack lbs..a few times you could have sniped the muskets, instead they attacked ur coyotes also.
-put 700 gold in ur deck, cause after your first few attacks failed I would have started going for 10 WP and aging up ASAP to compete with his army.
-last thing, the last fights you should have used arrow knights for those rockets and eagle knights for the cav, then a combo of lots of maces and then some coyotes. And i don't think u used attack dance at the last battle, which could have helped.

lots of tips but hopefully they help

+
# 15etrips888 Jun 17 2008, 21:15 PM
now daffy
-your start was really good, got a market up and the techs before you aged. But you had extra wood and should have put up at least one more house cause that really hurt you.
-As i said before what really lost you the game was that you were housed for a major part of the early game which let him outmass you and you were never able to catch up.
-towards the end of the game u had a lot of wood when not a whole lot of other resources. Sell that wood for some gold for hussar, spend that wood on TPs or for natives which would have helped against xbows, do something with it cause that isnt good to have 800+ wood and only 300 or so food
-I liked that you sent 700 gold for hussars but I would have made more hussars instead of more xbows. I mean keep making xbows but I would have focused a lot more on getting hussars out.

wish i had more tips to give ya but it was hard to really give u much because the game was pretty one sided after those initial battles where you got so behind due to the housing. hope that helps

+
# 16gberlinck Jun 17 2008, 22:16 PM
Thanks for the tips strips888!!!

I have some things to ask and comment:

Ok, you think that would be better if i had decided to use the fast age up and use that 250 wood to build a warhut, right? But dont u think that if i had spend all my wood i would be in trouble because of no wood enought to make maces and coyotes?

Yes, my scout must be better. ill work on it.

I love coyotes too.

I didnt understend why a have to put the 700 gold card in my deck. I dont need this to make WP, right? Maybe go to age 3...? And what about the WP?

Arrow knights, of cource!!! They are great to kill cannons and stuffs, right? I only made a lot of coyotes but his moskets killed all. lol

Eagle knights for the cav? But and what about jaguar? I thought that they are better to kill HI and cavs, so with them i could use to kill both. Is eagle good just to kill cav or HI too?

Against moskets, pikes and all HI is better use jaguar or just maces?

Sometimes i think that if i put fertility dance is better than the war dance because of the fast time that army come from warhut and go to fight earlier. I know that with war dance they are much more stronger but take so much time to come... Am i wrong? Is war dance always better, even with this issues that i just said? Oh God, im lost... lol

Ok, thats it.

Thanks a lot.

More recs at night

PS: ill love to see your recs.

+
# 17etrips888 Jun 18 2008, 00:43 AM
lets see well the 250 would be for just placing a war hut forward, so you do have the ageup time to gather more wood. The fast age up and the forward warhut allows you to attack him that much faster. Just put more vills on wood than you usually would so you get a good amount of wood early on. This is just my opinion on the situation the game gave you. i like to hit britian early and hard to keep them from booming too hard, and especially on a crate heavy map like this its especially easy to do.

and yes you dont need the 700 gold for WPs. What i was saying that the 700 gold shipment gives you the ability to age up faster, especially at the time because you had little gold due to the fact your economy at the time was based all on wood and food. I mentioned the WP's because I was saying you should send the gold, play defensive and hold your ground as you spawn WP's at your WH so you can full use of that FP. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Yes arrow knights would have been good because they have really long range to not only take out the rockets but also siege his base because he had such a tightly compacted base. Force him to come out of that turtle and get massacred by your units.

You are correct about the jaguar knights. They have bonuses against both HI and cav and can be very useful. I love using them. But the situation just didnt seem to call for it. When he had 3-4 rockets pounding your infantry with a bulk of muskets just easily firing away those Jag and coyotes died like flies. I would have much rather have used ranged units, like eagles and maces for the majority of the army. force those muskets to come forward only to get destroyed by the maces instead of running swarm after swarm of inf at him.

and about using jags instead of maces, I personally use maces most of the time. They rip HI to pieces. I usually use jags when I have a large force of coyotes and like to just mix them in my big army and just attack them. They usually dont see them mixed in with so many coyotes and suddenly their huge musket army is gone thanks to the jags smile.gif

Fertility dance is really good for spamming those units. I think attack dance compared to fertility is more your choice. I like using attack dance during those big battles, because attack dance can really turn the tides fast.

let me try to find some recs and ill post em

+
# 18Daffy Jun 18 2008, 02:07 AM
thank u for the review etrips. well i played another game and i tried to remember the things u said but i still lost. it was vs a 2nd lt. Granted he was japan the most OP civ right now. take a look when you have some free time.

i think i could have done better if i microed better and if i didnt sacrifice my whole army for his TC.

Attached File DaffyFrench_vs_Japan.age3Yrec
Size: 450.18k
Number of downloads: 41
Player Name Side Team
[iMaGe] Bob_Patinhio 1
[=ESO=] CaptainJackinoff 2

This post has been edited by Daffy: Jun 18 2008, 02:09 AM

+
# 19menphis Jun 18 2008, 03:31 AM
so...Daffy ur pretty good with frech so..i thing the only thing that maybe u lose that game..is because:
1- the japan gay kill a lot of ur settlers wacko.gif
2-ur micro maybe if u train that u will b better...

but in general its ok!

maybe if u try semi ff..will be better wink.gif

GL!

+
# 20menphis Jun 18 2008, 17:58 PM
here is other rec so...im not good with german but..i thing that was a pretty good one..but i lose cry.gif ...

PD: sorry i dont konw how to change the names of the rec sorry
0wn3d.gif

This post has been edited by menphis: Jun 18 2008, 18:00 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Grabar_partida_1.age3Yrec
Size: 457.01k
Number of downloads: 33
Player Name Side Team
[-LtM-] menphis 1
Nightwind 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)