Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[AoE3] Ourk vs Hope (Russian vs French)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ourk Oct 22 2005, 01:11 AM
We both go to 2nd age at around 5+mins and hope is pressing with hussar very quickly, killing a good bunch of vills early on. I defend with musketeers, placing them around my base to prevent myself from getting raided too much. Several big fights, some kind of little come back on both side and very good raid from both side. You can clearly see in this game what russian are good for, having alot of cheap units all around the map + being able to recover very quickly (spamming strelets).
gg

ps : first good game i had, i'll start posting some : )

This post has been edited by Ourk: Oct 22 2005, 01:18 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File OurkVsHope.zip
Size: 444.78k
Size (unzipped): 463.92k
Number of downloads: 907
Player Name Side Team
Heuh (Ourk) 0
Hope_ 0

+
# 2EPIC Perfection Oct 22 2005, 01:33 AM
HI ourk, welcome to gr.org. Your definately one of my favorite aot players. I hope this is a good learning game for french and russian players.

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Uptown Oct 22 2005, 02:06 AM
QUOTE(EPIC|Perfection @ Oct 21 2005, 10:33 PM) *

HI ourk, welcome to gr.org. Your definately one of my favorite aot players. I hope this is a good learning game for french and russian players.

SAME man

I was an Ourk fanboy back in the day.... was rooting for him in the GGL finals too bad though. sad.gif

By the way guys from Agesanctuary we should get games with each other so just add your MSN. tongue.gif wub.gif thumb.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4Hope_ Oct 22 2005, 03:41 AM
Russians hack biggrin.gif

+
# 5Uptown Oct 22 2005, 03:42 AM
Id prolly try to shoutcast this if it's not really long.

tongue.gif wub.gif

+
# 6HERO Oct 22 2005, 03:47 AM
QUOTE(Hope_ @ Oct 22 2005, 12:41 AM) *

Russians hack biggrin.gif

France hacks Zeke.

We all know that wink.gif

+
# 7Destromat Oct 22 2005, 11:47 AM
French Ownzzz

+
# 8EPIC Perfection Oct 24 2005, 11:42 AM
K, now for my second review of a very good game.

Overview: This was a russian vs french game. Hope and ourk both advanced at right at 5:07. They both quickly started up some raiding but i believe ourk did a better job of it. After that i felt the game was mostly decided on 3 large battles. The first was ourk approaching hope's base, but he got the bad end of minutemen and hope's french villie power but i'd still call that battle about a draw, hope had very few useable military units after that. The second battle was between the forward base and hope's base, and hope was clearly the winner there. The third battle was again between forward and main base but this one stretlets show their true power.

Hope

Pros:
-Upgrades very fast.
-Very good use of minutemen in the first battle.
-Placed minutemen around the map after that to help scout, awesome use of that unit.
-In the second battle, you put your pikes where they needed to be perfectly, he lost all his cossacks insanely fast.
-Several times you used musketeers in the right formation to kill cav.
-Didn't abuse french vills.

Cons:
-I know hunting is better then farming, but i believe you were out of your base too long and it hurt you.
-Late game you didn't have enough gold which you needed for hussars to beat his mostly stratlet army.
-Throughout the game you didn't get villagers as consistently as ourk did, Imo that is how ourk really won.

Ourk

Pros:
-Very good raiding early, you caught alot of hope's vills and killed them.
-Throughout the game you kept attacking hope's vills.
-Very good job using muskets to prevent him from raiding you early on.
-Good job garissoning vils when necessary.
-In the third battle, very good call to have villagers help, the extra fire power dropped the dangerous cav fast.
-Good job continually producing villagers and getting upgrades when you could and when needed.
-You won.

Cons:
-Didn't run from minutemen.
-In the second battle you lost cav way too fast.
-Your advance seemed slow, hope had eco upgrades and furrier shipment while you did no upgrades and food but you both advanced at teh same time.
-Very few muskets late game, it was a gamble cause enough cav and you would have lost your army fast.

Overall a very enjoyable game, Rotw contender and I give this game an 8 because both players played very good and there was a very good balance of power.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9Uptown Oct 25 2005, 16:30 PM
Congrats moved to ELITE thumb.gif

+
# 10Uptown Oct 26 2005, 19:59 PM
Congratz

First ROTW biggrin.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

+
# 11AgmLauncher Oct 27 2005, 07:34 AM
Medals awarded to both of you biggrin.gif

Congratulations guys smile.gif

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 12Hope_ Oct 27 2005, 15:40 PM
woohoo a medal!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)