chuckles & Crusix

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1methuselah Sep 7 2008, 18:52 PM
good luck!

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2chuckles Sep 7 2008, 21:30 PM
Hey Crusix. I guess you're the lucky one who got me for a mentor! First of all, could you please upload one of your recent replays to gamereplays.org so I can see what you need. So which faction or factions do you want to have me teach you in? If you have any questions ask em here. Good luck!

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Crusix Sep 7 2008, 22:39 PM
Nod and GDI factions mostly. More specifically vGDI, vNod and Steel Talons.

Should i upload replays of me playing each of those or should i just upload a recent one?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4Crusix Sep 8 2008, 03:27 AM
heres a replay:

Replay

+
# 5chuckles Sep 9 2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks. I didn't have time to watch it or play kw at all today, but I'll try to get you feedback as soon as possible. I mostly do kw on the weekends, but i'll have time to watch the replay for sure during the week. Sorry for the wait, but I want to really watch the replay and give you good feedback not just go through it then quickly write a response.

+
# 6Crusix Sep 9 2008, 21:57 PM
awesome, sounds good.
Thanks! tongue.gif

+
# 7chuckles Sep 10 2008, 03:32 AM
Ok. I really hope you were the GDI player (iStoleTheNdRing) cause that's who I observed! I assume that's you since you want to learn vGDI, vNod, and Steel Talons. Actually, I'd better make sure that's you before I go on. Once I'm sure of who you are in the fight, I'll just watch it again so it's fresh in my mind and respond then. Feel free to add more replays if you get em.

Just as some general tips while we wait to get this replay thing ironed out:
-Scout and always know what you're enemies doing.
-Think after you scout. Ask yourself what units your opponent is using, how strong his eco is compared to yours, how much he's teched up, and what his possible vulnerablilities are. Then react accordingly. You'll get faster and more accurate at it the more you do it.
-If someone uses an effective tatic on you save the replay and try to copy it. Build up a resivour of ideas for attacks so you have a variety effective options at your disposal.
-Try to players better than you a large part of the time (not all though). This isn't good for your win% but you can only get better by playing with better people.
-Use hotkeys. Look them up in the instructions that came with the game. This makes you A LOT faster.

Hope this helps.

+
# 8Crusix Sep 10 2008, 18:46 PM
3 more replays:

Replay 1

Replay 2

Replay 3

+
# 9chuckles Sep 12 2008, 02:08 AM
Ok. I've watched two of your replays so far. The first one I was really impressed with!!! But the second one had some problems. For the first one (vs the scrin player/no fast tech) you scouted well, you saw your enemy had disentigrators and built counters (apcs and riflemen), your only problem was you floated (had spare cash built up) a lot and you never went for tib spikes early. Always spend your money on something unless you are planning to use a support power. You should always be building units, units win games. Other than that it was really good. The second one you didn't scout at all, you floated again, and you had very little units to defend til you spammed mammoths. A rusher would have smoked you. I don't wanna sound harsh but if you're gonna get better you have to scout. I'm just trying to help, so please don't take any personal offense. I'm gonna be gone friday and most of saturday, but sometime we'll have to play each other. I feel like I can teach much better that way (hands on). What times do you normally play?

+
# 10chuckles Sep 12 2008, 02:59 AM
Here's a replay of mine. I made some mistakes but it's ok. My opponent wasn't that great though.

Attached File ok_game_i_guess.KWReplay
Size: 591.1k
Number of downloads: 67
Player Name Side Team

+
# 11Crusix Sep 12 2008, 15:49 PM
Thanks, I actually appreciate the bluntness. I usually play at night between 9 and 12.

+
# 12chuckles Sep 14 2008, 02:00 AM
K. If I play during the week that's when i'll be on. On weekends too actually only maybe a bit later (1ish is about the limit). I'll try to get you a better replay that one isn't very good =P. That's what happens when you don't play for awhile.

This post has been edited by chuckles: Sep 14 2008, 02:01 AM

+
# 13chuckles Sep 15 2008, 21:49 PM
Ok. So far from your replays it seems scouting, floating (having too much extra money), and expanding are your biggest issues. You scouted well the first game so i know you can do that. Don't forge to use the sensor scan support power as GDI once you have your command center. As for floating, be building more and more so that you don't float so much. All that tib is of no use unless you use it. Expanding is easier if you move your conyard to the nearest feild rather than using a surveyor I find. You don't have to go all the way to the field, just get close enough to build a refinery near the field. Scouting is the most important of these.

You need a little work on your micro (controlling your units) but for that I think we need to play together for some hands on stuff with that. It's easier to show rather than tell. This Friday at like 10pm work for you?

+
# 14Crusix Sep 16 2008, 22:18 PM
Friday at 10...ya i think so. If i can't I'll let you know.

+
# 15chuckles Sep 20 2008, 02:20 AM
erm.... which time zone are you in? i waited for 15 minutes in the lobby of kane's wrath, but i didn't see iStoleTheNdRing. casual 1, my profile is chuckl3s, but i don't know when i'll be able to get on again this weekend =/. just let me know when you wanna play and i'll tell you if i can make that. smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)