Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

mouz|sksus vs. [KAD]Shadow

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1KingsRevenge Oct 24 2005, 03:31 AM
This weeks ROTW was reviewed by DerPapierTiger, and since SKSUS requested when he posted that I review it I decided to save my review for this post smile.gif.

DerPapierTigers review:
No Stryker Spam.... sorta

SKSUS did stryker spam for a bit, with over 8 strykers at one point. But shadow played smart and instead of playing fire with fire, he played water with fire; he went commanches. He was whipping SKSUS so badly for a few moments that I wonder if SKSUS will ever need psychological help.
For the first time in a game, floating did help out SKSUS. Since shadow kept on knocking out his barracks and VCC's, SKSUS had nothing to spend the money on. He got close to 30k from having the 2 banks, which allowed him to build FoBs, barracks, and VCC's everywhere so shadow couldn't destroy all of them. Then he proceeded to build mass commandos and a few buggies thrown in. This has given SKSUS enough defense from commanches for now.
By now, Shadow decided to tech more again and built spinners and repair fatvees with a few commanches thrown in. SKSUS decided to go for strykers/spinners, and outnumbered him greatly.
After a few skirmishes, shadow has lost greatly. He had no PoWs, income is dry for him, and he never retook the bank which is his biggest mistake. SKSUS had 1 PoW. biggrin.gif But because of the banks, he was able to build more spinners and strykers to win.

Overall, I give this game a 1.... alright, an 8.

thum.gif

KingsRevenge review:
All I have to say is woah smile.gif. This replay even started off cool. I knew I had to review this one for the fact that SKSUS wanted me to and I haven't done a replay all weke because of school, and I should be studying for a test right now tongue.gif. But let me get to the point. This game started off pretty evenly, but even though the sides were the same SKSUS and Shadow went for slightly different BO's. Shadow went for a double rax build whichallowed him to hold the bansk for the early part of hte game, while SKSUS went for a single rax and 2 resource pools with a minor attempt to attack the bank. Had Shadow sent his first wave of strykers down the opposite side he wouldve probably ended the game very early, but since he didn't he allowed SKSUS to mine oil out of his secondary base. As the game went on, SKSUS developed a very nice spam stryker force, on the minimap this looked like a long trail of ants as it came towards Shadows base. When it arrived on target the attack force tore threw Shadow's base leaving it in a mess of ruins. But because Shadow was prepared and had some excellently placed snipers they were able to dwindle the force down toa a few strykers before SKSUS used some micro to run them over with one of his lone strykers . WHen this attack was thwarted SKSUS was able to get another stryker force together which was able to clean out the banks, and allow SKSUS to claim the mfor his own. Shadow was then on the rebound after this, even though he lost the banks he did have a substantial amount of money reserved from holding it. This is where things begin to get interesting. As time goes on Shadow reseraches comanche tech along with sheild tech ot build a repair center. This allowed Shadow to mobily repair his units as well as repair the mass amount of comanches he used to attack SKSUS' base. WIth the first Comanche attack on SKSUS' base, Shadow did an overwhelming amount of damage. I was suprised at how much stuff he was able to kill off and keep his comanches alive. FOr this situation Shdaow made a perfect decision by going comanches. One of the biggest blows that Shadow gave to SKSUS was knocking out his FOC. But SKSUS rebounded and was able to get his base back into good standing. After this part there are a series of very nice attacks with those huge TFT tanks. Umm what are they called, ohh lets look at the keycard, spinner drones(there is a topic in the general discussion about what is the best tank in AoW btw). The spinner attacks were cool, and Shadow showed some of the first micro of them I've ever seen by using the remote bomb plus moving the spinners around to change their position in an attempt to fool SKSUS. This would've worked flawlessly with his comaches had SKSUS not did a nice switch on half os his spinners to AA mode to take care of the air prescense and sweep Shadows base with his force. I rate this game a 9 smile.gif the only disappointment was not being able to see the JSF from Shadow's air tower. GG by both players I enjoyed watching this one. I took a screenie but I don't care for the way it turned out.
Everyone make sure you check this one out. It's good!

Attached File(s)
Attached File rotw10_23_05.zip
Size: 1.2mb
Size (unzipped): 1.6mb
Number of downloads: 106
Player Name Side Team
mouz|sksus 0
[KAD]Shadow 0

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 2DerPapierTiger Oct 25 2005, 01:50 AM
You dwarf my review by three times! I demand a recount! biggrin.gif

Really awesome review King. I enjoyed reading it from beginning to end.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3lucky999 Oct 25 2005, 09:22 AM
QUOTE(KingsRevenge @ Oct 24 2005, 04:31 AM) *

This weeks ROTW was reviewed by DerPapierTiger, and since SKSUS requested when he posted that I review it I decided to save my review for this post smile.gif.

DerPapierTigers review:
No Stryker Spam.... sorta

SKSUS did stryker spam for a bit, with over 8 strykers at one point. But shadow played smart and instead of playing fire with fire, he played water with fire; he went commanches. He was whipping SKSUS so badly for a few moments that I wonder if SKSUS will ever need psychological help.
For the first time in a game, floating did help out SKSUS. Since shadow kept on knocking out his barracks and VCC's, SKSUS had nothing to spend the money on. He got close to 30k from having the 2 banks, which allowed him to build FoBs, barracks, and VCC's everywhere so shadow couldn't destroy all of them. Then he proceeded to build mass commandos and a few buggies thrown in. This has given SKSUS enough defense from commanches for now.
By now, Shadow decided to tech more again and built spinners and repair fatvees with a few commanches thrown in. SKSUS decided to go for strykers/spinners, and outnumbered him greatly.
After a few skirmishes, shadow has lost greatly. He had no PoWs, income is dry for him, and he never retook the bank which is his biggest mistake. SKSUS had 1 PoW. biggrin.gif But because of the banks, he was able to build more spinners and strykers to win.

Overall, I give this game a 1.... alright, an 8.

thum.gif

KingsRevenge review:
All I have to say is woah smile.gif. This replay even started off cool. I knew I had to review this one for the fact that SKSUS wanted me to and I haven't done a replay all weke because of school, and I should be studying for a test right now tongue.gif. But let me get to the point. This game started off pretty evenly, but even though the sides were the same SKSUS and Shadow went for slightly different BO's. Shadow went for a double rax build whichallowed him to hold the bansk for the early part of hte game, while SKSUS went for a single rax and 2 resource pools with a minor attempt to attack the bank. Had Shadow sent his first wave of strykers down the opposite side he wouldve probably ended the game very early, but since he didn't he allowed SKSUS to mine oil out of his secondary base. As the game went on, SKSUS developed a very nice spam stryker force, on the minimap this looked like a long trail of ants as it came towards Shadows base. When it arrived on target the attack force tore threw Shadow's base leaving it in a mess of ruins. But because Shadow was prepared and had some excellently placed snipers they were able to dwindle the force down toa a few strykers before SKSUS used some micro to run them over with one of his lone strykers . WHen this attack was thwarted SKSUS was able to get another stryker force together which was able to clean out the banks, and allow SKSUS to claim the mfor his own. Shadow was then on the rebound after this, even though he lost the banks he did have a substantial amount of money reserved from holding it. This is where things begin to get interesting. As time goes on Shadow reseraches comanche tech along with sheild tech ot build a repair center. This allowed Shadow to mobily repair his units as well as repair the mass amount of comanches he used to attack SKSUS' base. WIth the first Comanche attack on SKSUS' base, Shadow did an overwhelming amount of damage. I was suprised at how much stuff he was able to kill off and keep his comanches alive. FOr this situation Shdaow made a perfect decision by going comanches. One of the biggest blows that Shadow gave to SKSUS was knocking out his FOC. But SKSUS rebounded and was able to get his base back into good standing. After this part there are a series of very nice attacks with those huge TFT tanks. Umm what are they called, ohh lets look at the keycard, spinner drones(there is a topic in the general discussion about what is the best tank in AoW btw). The spinner attacks were cool, and Shadow showed some of the first micro of them I've ever seen by using the remote bomb plus moving the spinners around to change their position in an attempt to fool SKSUS. This would've worked flawlessly with his comaches had SKSUS not did a nice switch on half os his spinners to AA mode to take care of the air prescense and sweep Shadows base with his force. I rate this game a 9 smile.gif the only disappointment was not being able to see the JSF from Shadow's air tower. GG by both players I enjoyed watching this one. I took a screenie but I don't care for the way it turned out.
Everyone make sure you check this one out. It's good!

+
# 4KingsRevenge Oct 25 2005, 23:46 PM
It deserved a nice review since i belive its a really good replay to watch. I'm going to have to check it out again and see if I can find some simple counters I may need for the CC.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)