FroZeNsFuRy. & kiswa

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1methuselah Nov 13 2008, 18:31 PM
good mentoring gents!

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2kiswa Nov 13 2008, 19:51 PM
awesome! I look forward to owning frozen's ass and be called O-Great-Kiswa-Master

Frozen: Ill pm you my msn and xfire. Im sure we can meet online on some of the hours you mentioned

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3PaPerBaG. Nov 13 2008, 20:24 PM
Im on a lot these days, so yea ill pm you my info in a sec and you send me a replay or two so i can see what needs to be done. cool2.gif

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 4PaPerBaG. Nov 13 2008, 21:44 PM
hmm yea we played our first game and I won pretty bad...but there's a lot of potential really only a few things to work on (eco tips, what builds and counters to use for each side). So im sure this will work out well.

Actually truth is ill explain what went wrong, should make it easier to see mistakes. Probably the biggest one was not going for the center, this is a must for coastline. Whoever controls the center will win always because they own 2 huge green fields and their original 2. Some of this stuff im sure you already know but yea anyway scorps rocketmen are no match for mass preds, your best bet beating GDI here on a map with a lot of money is to harras early while you expand and fast tech, keep the GDI players tanks and units forced to be on defensive then when finally he decides to come after you you should have a line of avatars waiting for them smile.gif. Don't forget to watch out for firehawks, they are very dangerous to nod as many nod buildings will go down with one or two firehawks. I didn't get to tier 3 in this game but yea it's a tip you should know.

This post has been edited by FroZeNsFuRy.: Nov 13 2008, 21:54 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File mentorreplay1.CNC3Replay
Size: 152.65k
Number of downloads: 119
Player Name Side Team
SJFroZeNsFuRy* 0
broomstikibaba 2

+
# 5kiswa Nov 14 2008, 14:33 PM
I basically did what i normally do on that map, but on the last moment i decided to expand to the below tibfield, instead of the middle. Seeing as you were already there and were spamming preds, i thought that was a sure kill. On those moments, I might get too intimidated by good players and take the wrong decision wink.gif

Also, usually people panic alot when they see bikes coming to their starttibfield, you basically just sacrificed it and you thought it was a good time to roll in those preds and that was basically it, caus my scorps and rockets were no match..

anyway, i see what i did wrong there. I'm sure ill do way better next time, thanx for the tips

+
# 6PaPerBaG. Nov 14 2008, 17:13 PM
QUOTE(kiswa @ Nov 14 2008, 09:33 AM) *

I basically did what i normally do on that map, but on the last moment i decided to expand to the below tibfield, instead of the middle. Seeing as you were already there and were spamming preds, i thought that was a sure kill. On those moments, I might get too intimidated by good players and take the wrong decision wink.gif

Yea always go for center early, try not to get intimidated it really messes up your game. Like you lose a couple units and think it's gg (i have this problem in ra3) and play differently than your used to.

Also, usually people panic alot when they see bikes coming to their start tibfield, you basically just sacrificed it and you thought it was a good time to roll in those preds and that was basically it, caus my scorps and rockets were no match..

It's all logic and game experience, here's the logical part. I have 2 war fac 3 ref + 5 harvs so my eco will be fine and i can make another mcv. And why chase bikes over the map when GDI has nothing close to their speed that can take them out fast? Many players will make the mistake of chasing bikes around and leave harvesters open. This comes with expiernce, I had 5-10 preds waiting for the bikes at my expansion. Either you come and get raped or you don't come and I keep making more money for more preds win-win for me. Losing your con yard is never good but it's better than losing all your harvs and stoping unit production. Also I was steamrolling your base at the time so yea no panic ph34r.gif .

anyway, i see what i did wrong there. I'm sure ill do way better next time, thanx for the tips

Yea im going to try and work on some adv stuff with you like secret tips only 1-3% of players that still play TW know and unit combinations. A lot of the game is just common sense and logic and countering whatever your opponent is making.

This post has been edited by FroZeNsFuRy.: Nov 14 2008, 17:14 PM

+
# 7Disco2Disco Nov 14 2008, 23:43 PM
I like the sound of that secret stuff, so do share!

Please....

+
# 8kiswa Nov 15 2008, 20:33 PM
Hey Frozen,

I've had a good look at that made-me-feel-like-a-noob replay.

I was thinking, is there any counter to disrupt that crane bo on coastline? I timed some things and the surveyor is fully deployed at 1 minute 28. If i do a ref - pp - wf build i can have the first bike there at 1:20. So it's a matter of seconds and it will probably make a difference if you repair the surveyor, because the bikes need an extra shot then. Anyway, i was wondering if you ever had your expansion denied because of bikes on coastline?

If i do manage to get the surveyor, i suspect you will move your mcv to the middle? Will you do that immediately or wait? I mean, if you move it immediately and there are 4 to 5 bikes waiting it's probably gg for your mcv and still no expansion in the middle.

I also noticed you paused the ref on your second build queue to have the ref on your first buildqueue ready when the surveyor was fully deployed. It's probably those little details that give you a small edge early game, right?

I'm on tonight (which is now) if your free btw

+
# 9kiswa Nov 16 2008, 11:43 AM
This is an automatch against rank 84 on usa, after a long-ass battle of 30+ minutes i lost the game. Full of action from start to finish.

I watched the replay and i really feel i can beat him. But i missed too much events and lost too many units which i could have saved. (i was tired.. (yes, im full of excuses)

Somewhere in the end i really felt it was 'now or never' to attack caus he still had most of his tiberium, while all my fields were starting to run dry. I did do some damage but in the end he was able to hold his expansion and capture my husks, i think that was the turning point and it lost me the game.

Attached File lost_rank84_usa.cnc3replay
Size: 880.84k
Number of downloads: 124
Player Name Side Team
broomstikibaba* 1
ZoneTrooper021 2

This post has been edited by kiswa: Nov 16 2008, 11:45 AM

+
# 10PaPerBaG. Nov 17 2008, 06:42 AM
QUOTE(kiswa @ Nov 15 2008, 15:33 PM) *

Hey Frozen,

I was thinking, is there any counter to disrupt that crane bo on coastline? I timed some things and the surveyor is fully deployed at 1 minute 28. If i do a ref - pp - wf build i can have the first bike there at 1:20. So it's a matter of seconds and it will probably make a difference if you repair the surveyor, because the bikes need an extra shot then. Anyway, i was wondering if you ever had your expansion denied because of bikes on coastline?

Shhh bikes or shadows are the only thing that can stop it and you have to time it perfect ph34r.gif .

QUOTE(kiswa @ Nov 15 2008, 15:33 PM) *

I also noticed you paused the ref on your second build queue to have the ref on your first build queue ready when the surveyor was fully deployed. It's probably those little details that give you a small edge early game, right?

Hell yea. See if I didn't pause it, say you made shadow teams (you were nod) It would be terrible to have surveyor blown up because Build Que was halted. I usally try to always have a build space giving building already made as the thing deploys. The little things like that turn rank 200 players into rank 20 players. That is a good example.

Im sorry i had to work 12 hrs. Tommrow ill be free at like 9pm your time and can work on some more things, ill take a look at the game vs zonetrooper and tell you a good nod bo for stusa.

This post has been edited by FroZeNsFuRy.: Nov 17 2008, 06:43 AM

+
# 11kiswa Nov 17 2008, 14:55 PM
awesome

Here's another replay, i barely won this one. It's against scrin on TA, killer35. (has about 15 accounts around rank 200).

Attached File barely_won.CNC3Replay
Size: 403.85k
Number of downloads: 112
Player Name Side Team
KILLER35 1
broomstikibaba* 2

+
# 12PaPerBaG. Nov 19 2008, 01:29 AM
lol I gave kiswa a big tip with stealth tanks and he almost beat me with it, how are you doing since our game kiswa?

Attached File(s)
Attached File wowlolalmostupset.CNC3Replay
Size: 646.27k
Number of downloads: 111
Player Name Side Team
SJFroZeNsFuRy* 0
broomstikibaba 0

+
# 13kiswa Nov 19 2008, 20:20 PM
good and bad.

suffered two bad losses on barstow, had one awesome win against jcl~ on ta, a smurfname of JAMIE82 ranked 116! Well, sort of a win because he disconnected in the end...

Best thing is, stealth tanks won me the game, killed his entire techtree (up to tech4) twice. They really made the difference. I think i really played well on this game, can you take a look and point out the things i did wrong? (if any biggrin.gif )

Attached File dc_jcl.CNC3Replay
Size: 419.14k
Number of downloads: 111
Player Name Side Team
broomstikibaba* 1
jcl~ 2

+
# 14PaPerBaG. Nov 20 2008, 00:11 AM
K and we'll work on barstow tommrw if your on.

+
# 15kiswa Nov 24 2008, 17:27 PM
hey

i've been doing good and bad. Had some awesome wins against top100 guys, those tips you told me gave me the edge. And i've never lost on st usa since we discussed that map.

Ofcourse i've also had some stupid losses (again on barstow). I don't know about this map, it used to be my favourite but i have a hard time dealing with lesser ranked there

Let's try and meet up again

+
# 16Disco2Disco Nov 24 2008, 21:01 PM
You have trained him too well Frozen! mad.gif

He just beat me, lol! smile.gif

Well played Kiswa!

+
# 17PaPerBaG. Nov 25 2008, 06:58 AM
QUOTE(kiswa @ Nov 24 2008, 12:27 PM) *

hey

i've been doing good and bad. Had some awesome wins against top100 guys, those tips you told me gave me the edge. And i've never lost on st usa since we discussed that map.

Ofcourse i've also had some stupid losses (again on barstow). I don't know about this map, it used to be my favourite but i have a hard time dealing with lesser ranked there

Let's try and meet up again

Glad to hear that you are having good success on small town, it's an easy map to learn and I may have hit the spot when i gave you that ST tip.

When are you available, if I see you on msn we can discuss more about barstow and maybe start rapping things up if you want.

+
# 18kiswa Nov 25 2008, 10:05 AM
QUOTE(disco2discodave @ Nov 24 2008, 22:01 PM) *

You have trained him too well Frozen! mad.gif

He just beat me, lol! smile.gif

Well played Kiswa!

'keep gdi very busy while teching up and keep those preds/rockets in their base' said my mentor

worked wonders wink.gif

+
# 19kiswa Nov 25 2008, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(PaPerBaG. @ Nov 25 2008, 07:58 AM) *

When are you available, if I see you on msn we can discuss more about barstow and maybe start rapping things up if you want.

A few more games and we can call it quits. I haven't changed much about my gamestyle, just tech up sooner and use the units you said and suddenly i'm ranked around 150, amazing

those 1 or 2% tips you talked about, you told them all yet?

+
# 20PaPerBaG. Nov 26 2008, 08:12 AM
No not all, ill explain some more next time i see you on msn...I promise tongue.gif .

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)