Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

Rockvee vs Big15

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1KingsRevenge Oct 31 2005, 00:07 AM
This weeks ROTW review by DerPapierTiger:

Rockvee
+ You didn't javvee your enemy to death, but you took a different approach. Although in the top pro games they do that, it kinda does make for boring replays.
+ Very nice unit mixing. Combined Arms Strategy!
+ I like the ambushed javs. smile.gif
- You missed several opportunities to take down Big's HIPs with apaches. Since had no HQ, you could've put him in the corner right then and there.
- Scout more often. I recommend you put a jav and marine at all expansions in mid-game to delay him expanding. He could've taken both the top left and bottom right expansions without you knowing it.
- I also recommend you more expanding in mid-game, although it wasn't important in this game.

Big15
+ You defended from his early jav attack pretty good.
+ Nice try on trying to keep the pressure.
- Sometimes lost BTRs to ambushed javs when he could've prevented it.
- Not enough unit mixing. Big went BTRs/AKs, and although effective in beginning, is not effective in mid-game with bigger tech
- Needed to scout more to prevent apaches taking a toll on him.
- Expand quicker. If your enemy has expanded and he's well defended, then it's best to expand yourself. The enemy has no resources to attack you with, so you're safe for a few seconds.

This replay is a 6. It could get a higher level if it wasn't exactly one-sided and Big15 didn't keep going BTRs against apaches, B-2s, Dforces, and rest of the tech tree. wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File rotw10_30_05.zip
Size: 693.03k
Size (unzipped): 1.28mb
Number of downloads: 78
Player Name Side Team
Rockvee 0
Big15 0

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)