Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

^Miho-Wau + SiLeNc3

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Guardian Feb 27 2009, 15:21 PM
This topic is for ^Miho, Wau, and SiLeNc3 only.

Game: Hardware

+
# 2Miho Feb 27 2009, 15:35 PM
Hej guys!

According to your sign ups, you want to improve with all armies in 1v1 (Wau) and Isen on FoI (SiLeNc3). Do we want to leave it that way or do you like to learn some other things as well - like 2v2 or other maps (QM)?

It would also be very helpful if you could explain me, where you struggle most and where you think you need the most help (maps, MU's etc.) so I can prepair a bit. If you got MSN/Windows Live Messenger we should add each other. Tell me if you got it and I drop you a pm with my mail adress.

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 3SiLeNc3 Feb 27 2009, 20:12 PM
Hey Miho hey Wau!
Isen really needs the most improvement for me and we sure could do some more QM maps or just let's say Rohan for a small map FoI for a medium sized map and Westfold for a big map or something like that. I got a few replays were i definitely need some help and i can say that my late game isen sucks no matter the map or the mu. Also I'd like to be mentored in all mu. some general things like what to get to defend vs elves vs gondor. is it better to get wargs even though he doesnt go sodliers or fast ups all those kinds of questions. I'll try and play a lot of isen over this weekend so we got some replays to work on.
I got msn, icq, skype, TS whatever fits you best just pm me

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Wau Feb 27 2009, 23:04 PM
heyo !

ive comeback to bfme a few months ago, played only 1.02 rohan. been spaming qm random over this time and made some games vs good players.
imo im a better fol player due mostly cause of my old horse micro. the race i have most dificulties is also isen tongue.gif mostly cause i still dont mastered the use of isens units. i dont know much bout 2vs2 too.

So i would like to spam 1vs1 and 2vs2 till i drop dead biggrin.gif

i do have msg will pm it and i think ts is also a good idea ill just have to remake acc.

got some reps i played lately vs some good players that ill post so u can have and idea of my gameplay (have improved tongue.gif i think). gona post them today if i have the time!

lets pwn all biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Wau: Feb 27 2009, 23:06 PM

+
# 5Wau Feb 27 2009, 23:56 PM
all ffg but shows my basic moves!

vs isen did some mistakes but the principle is there. i use very few p early.

This post has been edited by Wau: Feb 27 2009, 23:58 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File 20090224.VncT_vs_Coisu_on_fords_of_isen.rep
Size: 50.95k
Number of downloads: 59
Player Name Side Team
Coisu* 0
VncT 0
Attached File 20090225.JusT_StanD_uP_vs_Coisu_on_fords_of_isen.rep
Size: 105.66k
Number of downloads: 60
Player Name Side Team
Coisu* 0
JusT^StanD^uP 0
Attached File 20090225.Coisu_vs_JusT_StanD_uP_on_fords_of_isen.rep
Size: 124.78k
Number of downloads: 65
Player Name Side Team
JusT^StanD^uP 0
Coisu* 0

+
# 6Miho Feb 28 2009, 18:56 PM
Thx for the reps so far wau, I'll have a look at them later tonight and give you some feedback.

SiLeNc3, I just sent you a PM with my MSN. Add me so we can arrange some games in the following weeks. smile.gif Also just upload the replays you were talking about. When I watch them I can give you some general tips yet and could look for some replays that might help you.

And btw guys, haven't mentioned that yet: I can only watch replays/come on BfME at around 7 PM (UTC+1). Before I'm always at work, but if you got general questions you can ask them all the time and I try to reply asap.

+
# 7SiLeNc3 Feb 28 2009, 20:21 PM
Hey Miho,
just added you on msn and I'll come online now so I might see you there.
I also usually go online at around 6 pm and afternoon/night on weekends.

This replay was a QM i recebtly played vs mordor on Rohan. I though this is a pretty good map for base rushing as mordor normally starts 2 pits on this map in my experience so i started dbl furn pit but when i noticed that he was FoD (initially random) i cancelled pit incase he was isen so i could get some towers up in time. thats basically my question, was that the right thing to do? or should i have gone for dbl furn pit or maybe something totally different?

Attached File(s)
Attached File such_a_bad_Isen_Mordor_on_Rohan.rep
Size: 131.5k
Number of downloads: 63
Player Name Side Team
Aeque^ 1
Sp4m3d^* 2

+
# 8Miho Feb 28 2009, 20:51 PM
K, I'll have a look as well at this one tonight.

+
# 9Wau Feb 28 2009, 23:46 PM
i could just give u a tip silence. check wall ! there is a tip of the week bout that if u dont know how to do it. it lets u know if u r facing fol or fod. bout the best strat at the map.. dunno biggrin.gif

miho did u get my mail?

This post has been edited by Wau: Mar 1 2009, 00:05 AM

+
# 10SiLeNc3 Mar 1 2009, 00:33 AM
yeah i know how to wall-check tongue.gif and i did it so i decided to go dbl furn incase he was isen so i could get towers up quickly enough any other start would fail vs isen on that small map.

+
# 11Wau Mar 1 2009, 00:51 AM
thats news to me.going tower instead of pit biggrin.gif and vs isen on rohan i almost always go mill furn pit or even 2 mills. dunno if the 2 pit strat is better..

+
# 12Miho Mar 1 2009, 01:10 AM
QUOTE(Wau @ Mar 1 2009, 00:46 AM) *
i could just give u a tip silence. check wall ! there is a tip of the week bout that if u dont know how to do it. it lets u know if u r facing fol or fod. bout the best strat at the map.. dunno biggrin.gif

Yep, what he said. Wall checking helps alot. Anyways, deleting pit is pretty useless. You said, you did it, because Rohan is a good rush map. I'm still curious if you demolished it because of him being FoD?! Personally, I'm no fan of having no pit. I do that sometimes for fun and as you said, the only MU where having no Pit could help is a Mirror.

QUOTE(Wau @ Mar 1 2009, 00:46 AM) *
miho did u get my mail?

Yes I did. Is that only your E-Mail or do you use it for MSN messenger?

To the replays:

@ wau:

I've only watched the 3rd one yet (you Rohan, your opponent Isengard).Will watch the other 2 later.

You used Merry very good and killed some labs early game, which is pretty harmful to Isens, that go dbl Mill, as it's their only income. Still you should consider to get some more peasents. Ofc it will delay your rohirrim a bit, but with more peasents you can even get one mill down and what is more important, you pin him on his side and prevent him from creeping.

Check these replays for good peasent using and routes. I always made about 8-10 peasents.

Attached File peasents_1.rep
Size: 31.02k
Number of downloads: 63
Player Name Side Team
Arkham`Asylum* 1
R3M3Mb3R^M3 2

Attached File peasents_2.rep
Size: 46.32k
Number of downloads: 68
Player Name Side Team
Arkham`Asylum* 1
CamelToeExpress 2

Attached File peasents_3.rep
Size: 23.36k
Number of downloads: 60
Player Name Side Team
Lem0nParty* 0
BIind|Rage 0

As for your middle late game. You creeped well and got some quick elves, what won you the game. Also you were able to gain and keep MC good. What you probably know for yourself, and where I can't really help you is one thing: watch your units. I don't think that "plow" was made on purpose and the amount of rohirrim you lost was pretty sad to watch sad.gif

@ SiLeNc3

First thing you should always do, is making your furnace(s) first, and then the pit. It's a very small difference, but that 1 sec you can make an Uruk earlier (because of faster money) can be important - especially on smaller maps. Besides that - no matter if you go dbl furn + pit or just furn + pit + mill, you wouldn't be able to make a new Uruk as soon as your pit is finished anyway (except if you use my Uruk pathway on FoI happy.gif ).

If you face a Mordor on Rohan in that MU, that goes Dbl Pit+ Tower, there are 2 things you could do. If he stays in his base with his orcs, just do nothing for now and wait for a second Uruk. If he leaves his base with Orcs WC immediately after one pit reached 100% and get it down. Attacking that tower was really pointless.

Having a pit vs Mordor is a must, because you need to keep up pressure on him and keep his eco low, before you get overwhelmed by mass Orcs. I'm sure you noticed, how hard it becomes to play vs Mordor, when there are Orcs everywhere on the map.

Still I have to say, deleting your pit still worked out pretty in this game. It allowed you to get a good eco quite quick and to stay in game. Haven't seen that before and might give that a try in one of my games. tongue.gif

Leaving that armory unprotected was the final game decider... Instead of having 3 towers at the left side of your base, you could have used the money for one tower on the right side. If you did, it could have become interesting again, because with armor, his cage could have went down aswell.

Maybe check this topic for a bit more help in that MU on that map.

This post has been edited by ^Miho: Mar 1 2009, 01:23 AM

+
# 13Wau Mar 1 2009, 01:28 AM
when i lost rohirron i had the game already imo. that was a ff game..i normally dont am o carelless tongue.gif

in roah isen i think ups are the goal. thats y i skip p spam to fast creeping. my only goal in making p is to get one mill off stop him from creeping and to counter piks.i dont use one of the rohans best opportunity witch is p spam early witch is a mystake and i know it.most play vs u thouh replays wont do me very good. imust do it to feel it imo.

i didnt saw ur add still in msg pm me ur mail to exclude bugs out.and i really hope we can spam some games!! peraps tomorrow?...

gona watch reps now

+
# 14Miho Mar 1 2009, 03:23 AM
Ofc you need to play your own way, I absolutely don't want to drag you into something else, but one or two waves more can make games so much easier. tongue.gif

Added you now on MSN btw.

+
# 15Miho Mar 1 2009, 14:48 PM
Ok, watched the other 2 games you posted now.

You: Gondor vs Platy: Mordor:

Not much to say, you took down a mill early game and build a farm there, what won you the game already. You could base rush before his first troll was out.

Yet again I have to say, watch your units. You lost 1 knight to towers very stupidly.

Posting a loss would help you more I think, because it's quite hard to figure out where you could need help, when you won. tongue.gif

JusT^StanD^uP: Rohan vs you: Isengard:

You did good defending early game vs his peasent spam. You were able to get an eco up and to prevent him from getting elven pp for a very long time, what made this game easy to win for you.

Anyways here are some pointers to improve your gameplay a bit:
  • 6 furnaces for max. upgrade cost reduction
  • watch your units - never fight pikes vs peasents; this unawareness can give your opponent easy pp
  • my personal view: also build furnaces at outposts - they got more hp than slaughter houses
  • watch your units! tongue.gif you can't win fights FU warg vs FU rohirrim + Theo
The game vs me on Eastern Rohan:

Attached File vs_wau___R_M.rep
Size: 15.66k
Number of downloads: 74
Player Name Side Team
Wrath`II* 1
Coisu 2

If you start with Pit + Gollum, always send Gollum through mid after taking the mill and use a lab to spy the right side or you risk to get overwhelmed in no time. When nothing comes though mid, Gollum either goes left to help orcs or right to attack any units going there like I showed in the picture. (Blue = orcs, red = Gollum, yellow = lab)

Attached Image

This post has been edited by ^Miho: Mar 1 2009, 16:31 PM

+
# 16Wau Mar 1 2009, 15:42 PM
will spam some more games today try to play good and post losses then. thouse r my latest games vs good players..

+
# 17Wau Mar 1 2009, 16:06 PM
one already 0wn3d.gif

i forgot to save rep...

Attached File(s)
Attached File 20090301.madison17_vs_Coisu_on_dunharrow.rep
Size: 49k
Number of downloads: 62
Player Name Side Team
madison17 1
Coisu* 2

+
# 18Wau Mar 1 2009, 18:40 PM
lost again on east rohan vs mordor...

Attached File(s)
Attached File 20090301.A10_Turismo_vs_Coisu_on_east_rohan.rep
Size: 61.77k
Number of downloads: 70
Player Name Side Team
A10|Turismo 1
Coisu* 2

+
# 19Miho Mar 1 2009, 20:47 PM
Rohan - Mordor on this map is a pain tho, even more than on FoI imo. I'll watch both replays in a bit and give you some tips smile.gif

+
# 20Miho Mar 2 2009, 11:51 AM
Eastern Rohan: Rohan - Mordor

You got beaten again by a peasent thru mid sad.gif I have to say, his movement was very clever - not sure if I had noticed them, but I wouldn't have sent my Gollum to the left, because there was no need for him there. 2 orcs with eye are fine vs Merry + 1 bat of peasents.

I would have moved Gollum to right to find his 2nd bat of peasents and if I didn't see them on the right side, I would have moved back.

It didn't matter in this game, but the lab you sent to scout the right side should wait more in the mid of that area. If someone sends his units far right, you'd never notice them.

Also you told me, you like using harads, why didn't you use them? I know I told you I don't get them on FoI, but as you pointed out, you should play what matches your preference. As long as you're not good at creeping with orcs, you should stick to that. I think they would've helped you a lot in this game.

Anyways, if you play with orcs only, retreating with ranked ones is a smart idea btw. Make one archer and make a combo out of both. This way you can stop rohirrim a bit and creep much easier.

When you had your first troll out and lost your cage, but killed 2 bats of rohirrim you should have went to the creeps asap to get them down. There were 3 creeps still left, that would have helped you to win this game.

When Rohan summons elves and is still outside your base, lay a land. There is no way he could cover it at that point. With eye and land you could have killed his 3 combos and heroes.

Dunharrow: Rohan - Gondor

Important in this MU is to catch peasents. You lost the game becuase you lost both your outside farms to peasents. Don't go harass his farms blindly. In the time you take down one farm he can easily get down 2 of you.

If you want to go fast creeping, take the ones below your base first or if you want to get the one on the right, then send your soldiers first top right to claim that farm and then meet with Pippin at the right creep.

Those things would have made this game go on totally different. With no Eco, there was nothing you could have done vs his Ent rush and the following Ara + Fu Rohirrim.

I played you in several games now and know you're good. You are just sloppy sometimes and your early game is not as effective as it could be. Keep in mind: most games are won or lost already in early game. Defend (when you have to - like in those MU) well, so you can keep your eco and then get your army up.

This post has been edited by ^Miho: Mar 2 2009, 11:52 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)