Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Pallaking-Ryze

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Guardian Feb 27 2009, 15:24 PM
This topic is for Pallaking and Ryze only.

Game: Hardware

+
# 2Pallando Feb 27 2009, 18:07 PM
^hi

=P

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3Ryze Feb 28 2009, 15:40 PM
Hey mate biggrin.gif

Im gonna be offline until sunday night, its very very rare that i get access to the internet on the weekend sad.gif

So AFK till sunday tongue.gif

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: None

+
# 4Pallando Feb 28 2009, 19:39 PM
k sad.gif

+
# 5Pallando Mar 2 2009, 15:24 PM
So let's get started now...?

+
# 6Pallando Mar 3 2009, 22:45 PM
bump sad.gif

+
# 7Ryze Mar 6 2009, 17:03 PM
ok just to get started, ill go spam some rohan now tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File 1v1_i_UsE_TouChPaD_vs_Pyr0Jack.rep
Size: 73.46k
Number of downloads: 39
Player Name Side Team
i`UsE`TouChPaD^* 0
Pyr0|Jack 0
Attached File 1v1_Ryze22_vs_HellRaiserzzzzz.rep
Size: 136.01k
Number of downloads: 39
Player Name Side Team
Ryze22* 1
HellRaiserzzzzz 2
Attached File 1v1_i_UsE_TouChPaD_vs_lSENG4RD.rep
Size: 36.68k
Number of downloads: 59
Player Name Side Team
i`UsE`TouChPaD^* 1
lSENG4RD 2

+
# 8Pallando Mar 6 2009, 18:38 PM
n1qshok.gif

Will watch them noob tongue.gif

+
# 9Pallando Mar 6 2009, 21:51 PM
A lil' question. When did you play these games? I have like 30 FoI games saved, almost every game with "Last Replay" saved, and at least the date would help tho smile.gif

+
# 10Pallando Mar 10 2009, 15:59 PM
Review IS3NG4RD vs. RyZe^PrO: biggrin.gif

As I already told you on skype, you have to start with

- double furn in an isen mirror on this map (at least i do that)

- Don't let him hurt your base so much. Your economy was way betetr than his, so just get all towers and his baserushes will fail.

- Don't chant defensively

- Don't get wargs so early, get a pit and ups smile.gif

+
# 11Ryze Mar 10 2009, 17:18 PM
Thanks biggrin.gif

can u take a look at this? As you are Gondor SS tongue.gif

I had to download it from mihos mentor topic as i forgot to save it

Is there anything u can tell me apart from "you gave him too much map control"? smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File Gon_Isen_vs_ryze.rep
Size: 114.19k
Number of downloads: 44
Player Name Side Team
ARM33`D3R`RINGE 1
Lem0nParty* 2

+
# 12Pallando Mar 10 2009, 17:23 PM
Argh Miho got Isen again post-13661-1143531603.gif

Will have a look m8 happy.gif

+
# 13Pallando Mar 12 2009, 12:23 PM
Ok I watched it, and I think I would have done the same at start, except using my hobbit to attack with my soldiers on the left side. After him taking the farm, attack and move your soldiers behind the mill that only 1 -2 uruks are able to hit them (I hope you know what I mean, if not, I will post a SS). If he is attacking AND defending, use your hobbit to defend while your soldiers attack the mill.

But it wasn't lost yet. You played well there and also pushed him back in a good way.

After 3 horses, sell a Farm in your base and replace it with a BS. If you baserush him, get a 4th bat out to take the MC back. Melee the pikes with Heavy Armor/Blades/Shields while he has no pit so he can't produce them anymore. Constantly rush his pit to prevent him from getting pikes.

You lost the map entirely which led to his fast Saruman. So it's essential to keep it under control. Rather rush with 2 horses than with 3 hhorses, and use the 3rd one for taking the map back/killing some mills.

Don't change formation to "Line Formation" when Saruman is throwing a fireball.

After your Gandy got crippled somehow, you didn't move out of your base until the cripple was gone. That also gave him economical advantages. I never understood why you never bought a 6th blacksmith. You cashfloated until you had 3k < , which was frustrating to watch. With earlier catas you would've owned his combos so easily.

After allowing him to pin your Gandy the game was lost post-13661-1143531603.gif

Reviving Faramir isn't necessary vs Isengard as you don't need him most of the time.

+
# 14Ryze Mar 17 2009, 14:03 PM
Quite a long one this time tongue.gif

He had to go before we could finish, but im not sure which way this would have gone, i know i made some big micro mistakes, it was late and i was tired sad.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File vs_Dogs__Gondor_Isen__Rank10_Gandy.rep
Size: 224.39k
Number of downloads: 45
Player Name Side Team
ARM33`D3R`RINGE* 0
GrillM4st3rGres 0

+
# 15Pallando Mar 18 2009, 19:03 PM
Will have a look smile.gif

+
# 16Pallando Mar 21 2009, 15:02 PM
Ok

my review of your game:

If he fights you with 2 uruks on your land you should also fight him. You will get at least one rank 2 bat because 2 soldiers on land > 2 uruks. Your target here should be to prevent him from creeping quite long. Then use your hobbit either for creeping or move straight to his farm. You lost your farm because you wasn't able to catch his uruks with your hobbit as you moved through the very bottom.

(I won't mention micro mistakes now, as you know which you've done happy.gif )

I wouldn't get such an early postern gate, because if he moves in your base he's lost anyway because you have horses and a shooting citadel. Against Isen I'd generally suggest to get blades and armor before your 3rd horse. Without those upgrades your horses were almost useless against his wargs. Result: He got the map post-13661-1143531603.gif .

Baserushing: Don't allow towers to shot your elves. Use swords before wargs can crush your elves. Get 6 blacksmiths before upgrading Forged blades and Heavy Armor.

Don't get so many horses. 4 horses to Gandalf to Catapults and Archers. Don't cashfloat to 6000 btw happy.gif

Then you shouldn't use eagles among 2 combos with leadership. If you attacked him with everything you had, and called eagles additionally, you would have killed everything. Throughout the whole game, you didn't care enough about the map. He had so much money. post-13661-1143531603.gif

In fights, attack his pikes with your combos, attack his combos with your catapults and attack his wargs with your horses and TG's. If there's no Lurtz, use Gandy to Wîzard Blast his units.

In summary, nice defense-actions and a good Gandy micro by you happy.gif

This post has been edited by Pallando: Mar 21 2009, 15:52 PM

+
# 17BcVcB Mar 23 2009, 00:08 AM
This topic is now locked because the mentor-mentee program is officially over. I hope you learnt something and to see you around in the section. Thanks for participating smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)