Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Better^Rage-general grievous^ + Anarchy`

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Guardian Feb 27 2009, 15:37 PM
This topic is for Better^Rage, genub, and anarchy only.

Game: Hardware

+
# 2RaGe` Feb 27 2009, 19:08 PM
-hi folks, i dint know i take part in that program, but its nice anyways smile.gif

- 2 mentees at once ==> -20% warn plz for me smile.gif

-ill be online mainly weekend and afternoon smile.gif

-just tell me waht i shall mentor u , actually ill be able to do it for all armies, all matchups , 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 and at pro sig-making smile.gif

This post has been edited by Better^Rage: Feb 27 2009, 19:12 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3general grievous^ Feb 27 2009, 20:08 PM
I only need help with Isen in 1v1. Basically even before I stopped playing my Isen started to suck immensely. I know how to play Isengard but my execution in certain matchups was just not good enough....

Clan: Legions of Mordor

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Anarchy Feb 27 2009, 21:12 PM
Isen 1v1 and 2v2 plz.

I really could use the pathways for some qm maps.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5RaGe` Feb 27 2009, 22:22 PM
k post some reps and tell me certain MUs/maps smile.gif

+
# 6Anarchy Feb 27 2009, 22:36 PM
Do you know where to find the maps where you can see the entire thing and you can use lines to show pathways?

I need help on Rohan, Fangorn, and Westfold all from non-host spot.

+
# 7RaGe` Feb 27 2009, 22:45 PM
ill try to get that maps , and ima spam qm with isen the next days to get these maps vs decent players
i guess ill concentrate more on FOL, since u cant really learn isen mirror and mordor is different compared to rohan or gondor

+
# 8RaGe` Feb 28 2009, 07:16 AM
btw guys what are ur current ingame names?

+
# 9RaGe` Mar 1 2009, 08:04 AM
Rohan Map

vs Gondor:

U have 2 possibilities to start vs a gondor player : 2 furn pit or [i]pit furn mill[i/]
altho it depends on his strats and pathways, i would advice 2 furn pit

2 furn pit
Attached Image

early game
Ur first uruk moves forward to the left middle farm
u will catch him before he has taken it; use warchant now
he will most likely place wood on that spot now, if he has 2 soldiers on that farm try to prevent him from moving to ur mill, if he went with one soldier to each farm move forward to the right farm and catch the soldiers or attach the farm, with wc still activated

the 2. uruk now either helps defending ur mill or attacks is farms, wait for the 2. wc to get at least 3 uruks for creeping and harrassing

if he tries to move to ur mill with both soldiers, check if has a rax and take his back mill

middle game

get a good pike spam, try to get some creeps, then make lurtz - ups/wargs
altho a good gondor will get rax on this map, if u can kill his soldie with lurtz u dont ned wargs
-dont forget to put laboreres in the towers
-if u are lucky u can cover 2 woods in the middle with ur first land

anyways,
-this map is hard for isen in general, so dont expect to win all games vs decent or good fol players, land and rax can screw u, plus gondor might get elves easily
-so get devastation/industry if u really need it, maybe u can come back with it
-gate rushes are op on this map, as u have always some pikes in the middle, its up to u if u use it

this old replay shows how to pull off the basic vs gondor, it alsoshows tho that u might struggle anyways

Attached File Rohan_Gondor.rep
Size: 164.89k
Number of downloads: 58
Player Name Side Team
TR|SONKRALINIZ 1
Mister_Tank* 2

This post has been edited by Better^Rage: Mar 1 2009, 08:24 AM

+
# 10RaGe` Mar 1 2009, 08:05 AM
Rohan Map

vs Rohan :

vs rohan pit furn mill is the best start, u need uruks to defend vs his peasants and fast pike vs rohan
however, u might try to go double furn pit, straight forward and try to gate rush with ur starting bat

take ur mill and move to the middle left spot, try to defend his peasants, use chant wisely and dont waste it
the next uruks either defend or attack his farms

vs Mordor

furn furn pit, nothing more to say

Isen mirror

any strat can win, any strat can lose

This post has been edited by Better^Rage: Mar 1 2009, 12:14 PM

+
# 11RaGe` Mar 1 2009, 12:15 PM
ill post the fangorn pathways here as soon my internet is a bit faster again wacko.gif

+
# 12Anarchy Mar 1 2009, 15:20 PM
Thanks, this really helps.

btw, my names are PureAnarchy and KinG`of`}-{aIo

+
# 13general grievous^ Mar 1 2009, 16:54 PM
Why does this two furn pit strat work against Fol exactly?

+
# 14RaGe` Mar 1 2009, 18:33 PM
hm its not the bst start cuz its so op, but cuz there is no other
if u take mills u will lose them easily on this small map
on fords u have time to catch the soldiers if u take ur mills, on this map u need to go straight forward so u can catch them miles before they can take all farms

if u take ur mill vs gondor he can lay wood on ur mill and u lose it right after its built ==> gg

+
# 15RaGe` Mar 2 2009, 17:46 PM
sry for bad structure, i dont have much time this week smile.gif
btw genub wanna post some reps?

ok here are the strats on Fangorn:

Gondor/Rohan

on this map several pathways might work, however these are the bests imo, an alternative start would be: taking the vey bottom mill instead of the bottom right first

Attached Image

Gondor

early game :

-move with ur uruks as showd in the picture: at the bottom right u will meet his soldiers
either he goes creeping with hobbit + 1 soldier, in this case u try to steal creep or money which works quite often; if he attacks u with 2 soldiers u chant ur uruks and follow him
-to defend ur mill use trolls wisely, if he attacks it with all soldiers lure the troll, if u are lucky u can kill his 2 bats

-ur first uruk from the pit goes and catches his soldiers (if he made rax); if he doesnt get a rax and tries to take his farms with hobbit only u will most likely be able to take a mill before he reaches it

middle game :

- get 1-2 xbows and creep the trolls - pike spam , also guard the troll creeps - lurtz - ups

in general
-u will get lurtz 3-5 easily cuz of the trolls, lurtz ld pwns gondor
-dont hesitate to attack him early, due to 4-5 mills u will have uber eco and extremely fast ups, so u might think about ram-rushing with 2-3 fu pikes and wc, just get the bottom right outpost, build a ram and attack his gate straight away
-gondors might get rangers in outpost cuz its buttas strat, and everyone just copies butta, so take the outposts early (guarded by pike, if he atacks with archers put it inside the op and wait for wargs), and check the woods for rangers, wargs can pwn them easily

vs Rohan use basically the same strat, but ofc be aware of peasant spam and ent rush

Isen Mirror
as always any strat can work, on big maps consider warg rush tho

Mordor
u might warg rush here as well, after 2 wargs get fire archers asap and put them into outposts

This post has been edited by Better^Rage: Mar 2 2009, 17:51 PM

+
# 16general grievous^ Mar 2 2009, 17:53 PM
That pathway you posted is pretty much the best one imo, I used to use it when I played on Fangorn. I'll see if i can find any old replays of me with isen, i probably don't have any of me losing though... When are you able to play Rage? I can get on right now if you're available.

+
# 17RaGe` Mar 2 2009, 18:06 PM
hm today i wont have time sry ive got work to do, but tomorrow ill be on

+
# 18Anarchy Mar 4 2009, 00:15 AM
Westfold..

ummmm.. basically, where do I go?

I just did what I thought was ok, but you could take a look so when I actually face good people, I'll do the right thing.

Attached File pathways.rep
Size: 18.21k
Number of downloads: 58
Player Name Side Team
mrfrancis 1
W}-{iTE`P0W3R* 2

+
# 19RaGe` Mar 4 2009, 13:50 PM
basically fine, altho i would maybe take both bottom mills with my first uruks to have a better eco, but u caught his peasants early instead which isnt bad
but dont forget to take ur very left bottom mill with a laborer asap

+
# 20RaGe` Mar 6 2009, 15:36 PM
just want to bump this topic with this picture:
i hope no admin visits this and warns me smile.gif

Attached Image

btw go post replays that i can review them

This post has been edited by Better^Rage: Mar 6 2009, 15:38 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)