Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[AoE3] iGiuL/_Shadow_ vs Atilla265/Seelensturm

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1firgli Jan 31 2006, 15:22 PM
Another pretty nice 2v2 game, generally good play and a huge comeback. Should be a good watch smile.gif.

Official review by .Necron:

iGiul + Shadow vs. Attila265 + Seelensturm

IPB Image
blue + red vs. yellow + green
IPB Image+IPB Image vs. IPB Image+IPB Image

iGiul + Shadow
1933 + 1827
The first half of the game, you guys played very well, destroying Seelen's grenadier base, killing alot of his settlers with natives (unfortunately, almost the exact same thing happened to Shadow afterwards), and destroying his town center later on. iGiul played very well, building advanced trading posts in their opponents base and walling off Seelen's explorer which definately hindered his game. Shadow took his good British merc advantage, getting quite a number of them but unfortunately you sent them to battle with no other units or help against falconets, mass Strelets, and mass Ruyters and so lost them quite fast although the Jaegers near the start were a very good help. Both of your military micro's were good, you both knew when and what to attack with what units. Shadow had alot of idle settlers throughout the game which you should probably try to improve, you had 6 idles for almost 5 minutes at one stage. Overall though, a well played game and a very close one too.

Attila265 + Seelensturm
1940 + 1977
The start of the game wasn't played the best and was countered easily, Attila went for a very similar strategy as iGul but better team work on your opponents side lost you your initial rush. Some good hit and run strelet tactics by Attila despite their range and attack, you definately saved a few casualties which in the end, was a big role in preventing Seelen from being wiped out when his town center went down. Both of you really shined in the second half of the game though, Seelen getting all 8 banks and so you were able to produce military constantly and that is a very big advantage. I'm still not sure if it was a good idea or not, but instead of Atilla building a third town center, I'm pretty sure it would have been a much better plan to send the 600 wood, manoeuvre your army to the wall iGul had built around Seelen's explorer and then re-build Seelen's town center. Seelen a virtually infinite amount of gold and could get many more settlers. In the end though, you both had large armies and went on a path of destruction and victory.

Summary
A great game that only has a few mistakes and in this case, the action and general entertainment makes up for it to recieve a fairly high score. It may have ended a little prematurely; the losing team had a large amount of spare resources to start really spamming units to defeat Atilla and Seelen's assault but all in all, a great game.

Screenshots
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Official team review written by Tim
All ratings are according to the cuetech ladders
All scores out of ten

Original thread can be found here.

Enjoy watching! w00t.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File __Great_Plains__01_28_17_07_Spanish__Cymru_iGiuL__British___Shadow___Russians__cyc_Attila265__Dutch__cyc_Seelensturm.zip
Size: 661.6k
Size (unzipped): 695.91k
Number of downloads: 443
Player Name Side Team
iGiuL 1
_Shadow_ 1
Atilla265 2
Seelensturm 2

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2.Necron Jan 31 2006, 20:03 PM
I hope I havn't rated you're scores too low. mellow.gif

Anyway, good game. smile.gif

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3.Necron Feb 3 2006, 02:55 AM
Where is everyone? huh.gif

+
# 4-Lethality- Feb 3 2006, 13:26 PM
QUOTE(.Necron)
Where is everyone?

Oh well...atleast there's 100+ downloads. tongue.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5Aietius Feb 4 2006, 02:44 AM
Well played....

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 6BeasT_69 Feb 4 2006, 20:26 PM
how do you download to ur age 3 rec folder using firefox?

+
# 7firgli Feb 4 2006, 20:33 PM
I actually have no idea, I just download it to the desktop and manually move it to the savegame map, I hope there is a faster way though WTF.gif.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 8.Necron Feb 4 2006, 21:21 PM
Um, whats so hard about saving it with Firefox exactly?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)