Original thread.

Review by .Necron:

Love_ vs. Slamer

IPB Image
blue vs. red
IPB Image vs. IPB Image

Love_
IPB Image
You played very well, with a very fast Fortress Age time and a generally good Fast Fortress strategy (however boring / lame it is...). You made some extremely hard decisions during the game which was very commendable, whether to pull back from your assault or to keep attacking. They were all the right decisions and you did very well getting two lots of Mercenaries considering the second shipment was from your second Town Center so having the amount of gold needed at a stage like that also helped alot. The Lancers were fantastically used and stopped you losing the game however when you got the Highlanders they were surprisingly weakly used and you lost alot (to Uhlans and Settlers) while you were triying to take down his Town Center which was dissapointing to see. You could have easily killed a couple of Settlers and an Uhlan before they killed one or two Highlanders. You had a great comenback and generally made the game fun to watch.

Slamer
IPB Image
It was your slow Colonial Age time that lost you the game and if you had rushed just a little harder and faster with your Natives and you could have won the game. Unfortunately though, it wasn't all of your fault and the terribly un-balanced map made you start collecting foood from Buffalo very late into the game. You did do very well for the unbalanced map however and your rush was relatively strong; against such a good player though, it looked fairly weak ( Against the majority of players a native rush like that would have easily defeated your opponent ). It was great to see that you took down his Town Center ( Hilariously as well ) but, again, it was your speed that lost you the game. You generally had a very nice micro and you managed your economy fairly well also bar an idle Settler here and there. It was a generally well played game but I really think it was the unfair map that lost you the game.

Summary
A really good, unique, watch. Exciting and actually quite funny. A definate reccomended watch.

Screenshots
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by -Lethality-: Feb 20 2006, 09:24 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File _Zeal__Love___Spanish____SkWzZ__Slamer__German____Sonora.zip
Size: 338.41k
Size (unzipped): 352.64k
Number of downloads: 626
Player Name Side Team
Love_ 1
Slamer 2

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Love_ Feb 20 2006, 12:05 PM
Haha awesome:p I was looking under my name after I made a post and saw some kind of weird icon I held mouse over and saw I was record of the week contributor, then I went here to check it out:D

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 3.Necron Feb 22 2006, 07:06 AM
Good on ya Love, this is an awesome replay. wub.gif

And the weird icon is a medal congratulating you for all eternity.

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 4Zifnab Feb 23 2006, 03:54 AM
Heh, that is the worst native rush I've seen (not joking). Love_ played good though numchuks.gif

Rotw are getting weaker...

This post has been edited by Zifnab: Feb 23 2006, 05:02 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5.Necron Feb 23 2006, 08:33 AM
You havn't seen a helluva lot of native rushes then...

Game: Age of Empires 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)