Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

best boom civ?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1muttyhc Feb 23 2006, 16:41 PM
What civ with all relevant cards will produce the best boom from age 3 - 5?

I'd assume with practice the british would be the best? Considering with estates you can pull out 20 settlers at a time, however I also looked at the germans with the settler wagon build facility and thought they would be good as well.

Some feedback would be appreciated.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2Crusiminator Feb 23 2006, 17:03 PM
british is more a colonial booming civ, imo portugal has the best boom in ages 3-5 cause they have 2 extra tcs for free

+
# 3.Necron Feb 23 2006, 18:41 PM
I still don't like classifying civ's but I'd have to say Portuguese or Germans.

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 4^Glorious^ Feb 23 2006, 18:56 PM
QUOTE(Crusiminator @ Feb 23 2006, 05:03 PM) *

british is more a colonial booming civ, imo portugal has the best boom in ages 3-5 cause they have 2 extra tcs for free

British aren't a 'more colonial booming civ' eyebrow.gif

+
# 5eskudero Feb 23 2006, 19:08 PM
id say french,they do everything good.
followed by brits.after patch also mention portuguese

+
# 6Perad Feb 23 2006, 19:40 PM
What about the dutch, gold is effectively covered with 5 banks+ and a couple of villies at a mine. That leaves everyone else on food/wood.

I find that especially in team games i often have more food/gold than i ever need. And its very easy to do.

+
# 7Miain Feb 23 2006, 20:31 PM
Dutch have an amazing mid game boom,second only to the British manor boom.However,as the game drags on,the dutch fall behind,They effectivly play with 20 less settlers,and thats when they use FOUR cards.If you don't use them its even worse...

The brits have a fantastic boom,with many viabilities.You can go for a full out manor boom,in colonial and reach 60 settlers in 10min,probably more(i havent actually played a no rush game so I've had to build towers everywhere when I did this) Or you can could go for a fasT(semi fast) industrial and ship the estates card to instantly catch up,or surpass your oppenants economy

The thing is though,the Dutch can defend themselves better.A boom is no use without good defense,and I find that I had an easier time doing it with dutch rather than Brits.I also find that the late game Dutch military is superior,with heavy cannons and ruyters being vastly superior to the rockets and units of your choice.Don't get me wrong about rockets however,they are a fantastic unit since usually you will be in industrial before your oppenant with Brits(At least I find I do) and having rockets is a fantastic and massive advantage to have

The Germans ahve the potential to boom well,but why would you boom as a German when you already one of the ( or the) best strategy available in the game

This post has been edited by Miain: Feb 23 2006, 21:39 PM

+
# 8Bas Hamer Feb 23 2006, 21:13 PM
QUOTE(Miain @ Feb 23 2006, 01:31 PM) *

Dutch have an amazing mid game boom,second only to the dutch manor boom.

good to see the dutch are only second to the dutch.

anyway. if you are talking just age 3 and 4. port isn't bad. hell white fleet can really explode an economy age 4.

but seriously, getting there sucks.

you'd be better off putting up a time frame, like who booms the best in the first (5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15) min of the game.

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 9Miain Feb 23 2006, 21:39 PM
QUOTE(Bas Hamer @ Feb 23 2006, 09:13 PM) *

good to see the dutch are only second to the dutch.

I said no such thing eyebrow.gif

+
# 10firgli Feb 24 2006, 01:18 AM
Brit and Port easily imo, I have yet to see a German player booming (well I've seen one but he got owned, their boom is pretty expensive i think). Dutch are ok because of their banks but low villie cap limits them a lot. France can do everything but are worse boomers than Brit and Port imo

+
# 11muttyhc Feb 24 2006, 01:32 AM
QUOTE(Evry1 @ Feb 24 2006, 01:18 AM) *

Brit and Port easily imo, I have yet to see a German player booming (well I've seen one but he got owned, their boom is pretty expensive i think). Dutch are ok because of their banks but low villie cap limits them a lot. France can do everything but are worse boomers than Brit and Port imo

i think the problem with france is that you just can't get enough settlers out there, whereas the british can produce as stated upto 22 settlers at a time, whereas portugal can do 4 in age 4 and france only 3.

Long run however I believe france with 80 settlers (meaning they have effectively 100 normal settlers no?) will be better.

Germans tbh are more of an age 3 side, even though war wagons and dopps are good the fact they use up so much population is annoying somewhat.

Sayin that playin the brits and the fact I do believe that heavy cannons are better than rockets, france or portugal are a better bet, in 1.05 portugal will be even better.

Anyways, thanks for the input to those who replied.

This post has been edited by muttyhc: Feb 24 2006, 01:34 AM

+
# 12^Glorious^ Feb 24 2006, 17:32 PM
Overall, Brits are the best. Ports are close in 2nd, but they haven't got a good eco in the first 2 ages. France also have an exceptional eco, but Brits and Ports have an advantage over them seeing as they can get more vills per minute.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)