Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

#7 Sksus Vs Tech_Deck

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 28 2005, 21:50 PM
I had a QM vs Sksus,
in fact, I didn't want to post cause I said in other post I will challenge him cause he said they are on ESL etc so I thought he wouldn't like me if I post,
Anyways I've watched before posting,

I played bit defensive, I thought he was going Nubbe's strat on The Day After so I was like, WTF.gif where is your army, then I saw he went rax/wf (which turned on replay to be a double rax/ Mentor Pool) ) so I thought it's gonna be easy, started attacking very aggressive then he attacked me so I pulled back,

u can see nice micro battles, for ex, in the middle min 8:30

in the 2 last minutes, I knew what will happen so I floated a bit, it turned out good that I've decided to continue attacks then to tech up.

u can watch the 8:30 min on 0.5 speed, and the rest on X2 or more, GG worth watching IMO but ur opinion :]

banana.gif

ENJOY smilie_naughty.gif

This post has been edited by Tech_DeckMaster_: Jun 10 2005, 12:49 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File 97_Techdeck_VS_SKSUS.zip
Size: 650.56k
Size (unzipped): 1.01mb
Number of downloads: 299
Player Name Side Team
SKSUS 1
[LGS]Tech_DeckMast 2

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 2Dark_Mace Apr 29 2005, 04:49 AM
what happened to CCG clan?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Supercilious Apr 29 2005, 05:30 AM
THe name is going to be changed, so who wants to make a clantag account if thedy are just gonna have to replace it in a week anyhow.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 29 2005, 11:50 AM
QUOTE(Dark_Mace @ Apr 29 2005, 07:49 AM)
what happened to CCG clan?

we've only changed the name! same clan members...

wanna join mace? banana.gif

+
# 5Ballard Apr 29 2005, 17:45 PM
EARLY GAME

SKSUS throws out his own great tactic for bank maps, and it serves him well. Even against other cst players who use a similar tactic, this one just throws more men out and will surely win. Tech snakes his troops to both banks, not the wisest of choices. He makes up for this by successfully taking the bottom left bank back., hindering sksus' income. Then, both players do something abit pointless.
Once a banks gotten down to a certain amount LEAVE IT. When tech goes for the top right and sksus goes for bottom left the banks were empty by the time you got it back. Had either of you had a prison up in time fair enough but it just seemed abit wasted.

Harassment is made by both sides unsuccessfully, on this map its quite hard for small amounts of units to do any damage as it takes soo long for them to get there, a defensive army can easily be built in the time it takes.

MID GAME

SKSUS impressively moves to the middle as soon as the banks are empty, keeping that money flowing. He covers his expansion with the btr's hes been building to cover it from any scout attacks. Fortunately for tech he scouted with his HIP, and spotted the btr army. EXCELLENT micro in this fight by tech, saved his kornets from harm very well and kept them at the back of the fight, which is why he won. Again more good micro dodging the bomb truck and btr's. During all this SKSUS has kept busy and is going for hinds/more btr's, not floating much at all or losing cool.
Good timing on techs part gets his 4 BTR's into SKSUS' initial base basically eliminating it, quick reaction by SKSUS by rebuilding his base in the mid, knowing when a base is screwed is crucial, and him NOT sending his forces from the mid to there was gonna be much better in the long run. Nice try with the bomb trucks to keep your derrick alive.

LATE GAME

SKSUS finally gets out the kornets realising how there going to be needed to win this fight, and begins to expand to the other derrick for more cash. Techs attack with its good positioning and micro just decimates SKSUS army. Alot of damage is dealt by GREAT use of bomb trucks but its all too little, too late.

It was great play by both players but Techs micro is just so much better than SKSUS, this plus the early prison is what won the match for him.

8/10 as I definately thought it was SKSUS' until that last attack broke through, never knew the winner until the last few minutes.

This post has been edited by Ballard: Apr 29 2005, 18:27 PM

+
# 6Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 29 2005, 19:02 PM
QUOTE(Ballard @ Apr 29 2005, 08:45 PM)
Fortunately for tech he scouted with his HIP, and spotted the btr army. EXCELLENT micro in this fight by tech, saved his kornets from harm very well and kept them at the back of the fight, which is why he won. Again more good micro dodging the bomb truck and btr's.
LATE GAME

SKSUS finally gets out the kornets realising how there going to be needed to win this fight, and begins to expand to the other derrick for more cash. Techs attack with its good positioning and micro just decimates SKSUS army. Alot of damage is dealt by GREAT use of bomb trucks but its all too little, too late.

It was great play by both players but Techs micro is just so much better than SKSUS, this plus the early prison is what won the match for him.

8/10 as I definately thought it was SKSUS' until that last attack broke through, never knew the winner until the last few minutes.

wow!! very nice to read such a review about urself ;]

it's worth watching IMO... I actually drink before the game some Vodka lol

no one watching my games I think my name sucks here sad.gif blink.gif

only because I'm not playing much on ladder it doesn't mean u shouldn't watch my games! If I did, I would have been top 10 for sure thumb.gif

EDITED : btw
Once a banks gotten down to a certain amount LEAVE IT.
I wanted to get the prisioners and made a succesfull 4 vs 6 soliders capture! 6 soliders = 3000, only for 4 soliders = 4*150 = 600
this worth 2400 $ ;]
and holding the building to know if and when tanks are going thru there laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Tech_DeckMaster_: Apr 29 2005, 19:26 PM

+
# 7Ballard Apr 29 2005, 19:35 PM
QUOTE(Tech_DeckMaster_ @ Apr 29 2005, 09:02 PM)
wow!! very nice to read such a review about urself ;]

it's worth watching IMO... I actually drink before the game some Vodka lol
no one watching my games I think my name sucks here sad.gif  blink.gif

only because I'm not playing much on ladder it doesn't mean u shouldn't watch my games! If I did, I would have been top 10 for sure  thumb.gif
EDITED : btw  I wanted to get the prisioners and made a succesfull 4 vs 6 soliders capture! 6 soliders = 3000, only for 4 soliders = 4*150 = 600
this worth 2400 $ ;]
and holding the building to know if and when tanks are going thru there  laugh.gif

No probs. I must of missed when you captured on your 2nd bank attack, was 4 POW's rotting wen i looked you see and thought you left em.

Not many watch mine either so stuck mesen in the top ten, might get a few more views tongue.gif.

-EDIT-

Moved to elite, I feel its good enough for it. Ill leave the [R] on for now, get a few more people to read it.

This post has been edited by Ballard: Apr 29 2005, 19:59 PM

+
# 8Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 29 2005, 20:12 PM
QUOTE(Ballard @ Apr 29 2005, 10:35 PM)
No probs. I must of missed when you captured on your 2nd bank attack, was 4 POW's rotting wen i looked you see and thought you left em.

Not many watch mine either so stuck mesen in the top ten, might get a few more views tongue.gif.
-EDIT-

Moved to elite, I feel its good enough for it. Ill leave the [R] on for now, get a few more people to read it.

thanks but I'm not sure if people will watch it here lol

I re watched the part of capturing it was 6 vs 8 and 3 of 6 survived so it was 8*500 = 4000 - 6*150 = 900 => 4000-900=3100 $ :]
banana.gif w00t.gif

EDITED : I've just noticed I'm the only one who had chosen replays in 3 games (top on CCG, 1st Rotw on ZH, and elite on AoW)
and yet, no one watches my replays... extreamly funny :]

I hope ppl will watch it here [and maybe winning replay competition? hehe smile.gif ]
smile.gif

banana.gif

This post has been edited by Tech_DeckMaster_: Apr 29 2005, 20:16 PM

+
# 9WeAreDevo Apr 30 2005, 00:37 AM
This was a very entertaining replay. I've never seen long, drawn out bank battles on the very limited banks on this map and it was great to watch.

+
# 10Dark_Mace Apr 30 2005, 02:10 AM
no need for a second review, but ill say the 2 thigns i absolutley loved about this game:

Teck deck microing his BTR and kornets at 8:30...that was inspired genius..the ammount of damage that combo did was ridiculous.

And the first proper use of LINE OF SIGH which was done by SKUS. He hid his bomb trculks behind obstacles which obstruct line of sight such as neutral building and his hospital, and waited till teck deck got close enogh then ran the bomb trucks out and did a lot of damage. Excellent use of bomb trucks.

And on that note id haveto say that this game doesnt deserve a 9. Nine is reserved for super games, and going on legendary. This unfortunatley, as great as it is, is not. It has great moments, and its a great game, but not worthy of 9 im afraid.

+
# 11Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 30 2005, 11:25 AM
QUOTE(Dark_Mace @ Apr 30 2005, 05:10 AM)
no need for a second review, but ill say the 2 thigns i absolutley loved about this game:

Teck deck microing his BTR and kornets at 8:30...that was inspired genius..the ammount of damage that combo did was ridiculous.

And the first proper use of LINE OF SIGH which was done by SKUS. He hid his bomb trculks behind obstacles which obstruct line of sight such as neutral building and his hospital, and waited till teck deck got close enogh then ran the bomb trucks out and did a lot of damage. Excellent use of bomb trucks.
And on that note id haveto say that this game doesnt deserve a 9. Nine is reserved for super games, and going on legendary. This unfortunatley, as great as it is, is not. It has great moments, and its a great game, but not worthy of 9 im afraid.

Thanks,
but, when u see a rating which is x
and u don't think it's worth x u think it's worth y, post ur rating as y, not as x-n that it will be eventually y.

Thanks anyways, this rep is about micro ;] frusty.gif

EDIT : a.k.a u rated 6 (or 5) this game, which is absolutly higher then that, and u know that... if i'm wrong fix me :]

This post has been edited by Tech_DeckMaster_: Apr 30 2005, 11:26 AM

+
# 12Ballard Apr 30 2005, 12:07 PM
I voted 8 for it, I reckon its worth that. But yea, not a 9.

+
# 13Dark_Mace Apr 30 2005, 14:04 PM
I voted 7 not 6, to bring it down to 8 which is where it is around.

+
# 14Tech_DeckMaster_ Apr 30 2005, 14:55 PM
exactly what I said,
if u want to vote 7, vote 7
but don't 7 cause u think it worth 8!
if u think it's worth 8 vote 8

thats what I think it's all about all rating, not someone's rating

if some replay has 8 and somene think it worth 6 he will vote 4 which is sad cause he needs to vote 6!!!

it's another discussion lets come back to the replay :]

+
# 15Dark_Mace May 1 2005, 01:49 AM
no but i think its worth 7. Im just saying it makes 8 as a result and not 7.

+
# 16VeDz May 2 2005, 00:08 AM
How do you fast scroll in this game?
Right click don't do it 0wn3d.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 17AgmLauncher May 2 2005, 03:00 AM
Tech, I've checked the voting logs and he did in fact rate it a 7 (not 5 or 6 or whatever). That's fine so long as he actually does think it's a 7.

But let this be a warning. DO NOT EVER try and fudge the average. I dont care who you are, if you vote to bring the average down to what you THINK it should be, you're fucked. I wont tolerate improper ratings. Vote what you think the replay is, nothing more nothing less, and ignore what the rating currently is.

Anyway, really cool game, the Kornet/BTR combo and micro was nice to see. The beginning was a bit stale though. SKSUS did his typical bank capture strat/btr spam. He also wasted Hinds later on. I would say that Tech had MUCH smarter unit usage than SKSUS did, which is what won the game for him. 7/10 for me.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 18VeDz May 2 2005, 08:52 AM
QUOTE(VeDz @ May 2 2005, 12:08 PM)
How do you fast scroll in this game?
Right click don't do it  0wn3d.gif

So how do you actually fast scroll ? rolleyes.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 19Dark_Mace May 2 2005, 13:33 PM
so my word isnt good enogh? You haveto check the logs? good work.

+
# 20Tech_DeckMaster_ May 2 2005, 16:16 PM
QUOTE(Dark_Mace @ May 2 2005, 04:33 PM)
so my word isnt good enogh? You haveto check the logs? good work.

hehe I actually believed u the 1st time u say 7
so it wasn't really needed, but anyways...

no fast scroll yet vedz...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)