# 1.Necron Mar 26 2006, 06:49 AM
Congratulations and enjoy your medals!
Original Thread.
Official review by l1mp_3rection.

Love_ vs. Warper

IPB Image

Love_ - 2242 CueTech Rating
IPB Image

A well played game as your dutch civ. You went for a dutch fast fortress with by 3 banks. You were beat to the fortress age, however you were able to get your stable up very quickly and repel his attack. You had a constant pump of villagers up until you hit the limit, however for most of the game your economy was lacking in comparison to his. You scouting very well in this game and were able to spot his units. Through out this game you had raids apaun his base and you were able to force villagers to be idle and garrisoned. You took full advantage of the Dutch banks and used them to keep you economy in contention with his. Using the extra pop room you achieved from the villager limit you were able to create a massive army that was able to overwhelm him, even though his economy was very strong. You used advanced arsenal upgrades in order to further power your ruyters and eventually you were able to reach industrial to end the fight. Through out the game you micro, was very good and you meele-ed cassadors and hit and runed against dragoons. You lost a large amount of cannons and troops do to Warper's fort placement. It was right inline with the path your re-enforcements had taken and many died because of it. Perhaps creating a different rally point would have solved this. Overall a well played dutch game with good management.

Individual Score: 6.7

Warper - 2164 CueTech Rating

IPB Image

You played a decent game with some faults in your macro and micro management. You were able to beat him to fortress and then proceed the create a very strong economy. You used spyglass through out the game and you were able to scout his base. However, I thought that by using you spyglass you could have effectively raided Love's inferior economy. I felt your TC placements and Fort placements were very strategic as they guarded key resources and cut off his reenforcement lines. You had the superior economy for much of this game, however it was not really taken advantage of, as you often had 20 idle villagers scattered around the map. You took control of the Trade posts and you were able to fend off many of loves attacks. To me organ guns would have been a much more effective counter to love's ruyter spam then culverins, as love had shown he did not have many falconets. Your dragoons were out massed and you were constantly flooded by armies far superior in number to yours. You may have wanted to push into Industrial while you held the superior economy, however your massive amount of idle villagers did not help. Perhaps switching to mill earlier could have prevented this as there would not have been as much macro involved. You had a strong villager pump through the game and you were able to hold the economic advantage for much of the game. However, your army lacked in its size.

Individual Score: 6.2

Summery: A sufficiently entertaining game between two of the lesser used civs in the game played by two very good players. ROTW contender smile.gif.

Overall Score: 6.4

Attached File(s)
Attached File Love__vs_Warper.zip
Size: 538.87k
Size (unzipped): 510.92k
Number of downloads: 340
Player Name Side Team
Love_ 1
Warper 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2Zifnab Mar 26 2006, 06:57 AM
Not to take anything away from this game, but it seemed extremely one sided to me. Love_ had warper basically from start to finish. Only reason the game lasted as long as it did in my opinion is because as everyone knows wiping out a portuguese player is always a protracted business.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3^Glorious^ Mar 26 2006, 10:20 AM
Cool, gonna watch it.

+
# 4Eric_da_BOMB Mar 26 2006, 11:40 AM
do they still get $200 for that rec game?

+
# 5.Necron Mar 26 2006, 19:31 PM
That wasn't Love or Warper that won the money and we sure as hell don't give 200 to every ROTW winner. wacko.gif

+
# 6Toomanybeers Mar 27 2006, 00:42 AM
no, infact we ask ppl like u to send US 200$ and we will will make your game a rotw.

+
# 7Love_ Mar 27 2006, 13:22 PM
Yeah I don't think I will be able to afford another ROTW:( Oh and I didn't get my medal upgraded btw I want value for my money at least!

This post has been edited by Love_: Mar 27 2006, 13:22 PM

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 8ravaneli Mar 27 2006, 14:01 PM
ALright, I am a noob, but someone explain to me what was the value of this game!! IT WAS STUPID AS HELL! IF THOSE POLAYERS WEREN"T HIGH RATED THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE THIS GAME EVEN CONSIDERED.

Absolutely boring game, no fun at even one moment, THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME!

Is it certain that Love is 21? He plays like a 35 yr old with a lot of experience that neve undertakes risky stuff. I find him very boring to watch. FF and then keep pressure until outboom opp and then crush. Yes he had a few nice games (Nadoz) but it was all Nadoz who made the game nice. Love is boring boring and will never reach the best.

+
# 9Love_ Mar 27 2006, 14:04 PM
QUOTE(ravaneli @ Mar 27 2006, 04:01 PM) *

ALright, I am a noob, but someone explain to me what was the value of this game!! IT WAS STUPID AS HELL! IF THOSE POLAYERS WEREN"T HIGH RATED THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE THIS GAME EVEN CONSIDERED.

Is it certain that Love is 21? He plays like a 35 yr old with a lot of experience that neve undertakes risky stuff. I find him very boring to watch. FF and then keep pressure until outboom opp and then crush. Yes he had a few nice games (Nadoz) but it was all Nadoz who made the game nice. Love is boring boring and will never reach the best.

I'm not 21, I'm 22:(

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 10firgli Mar 27 2006, 15:15 PM
Congrats on rotw =]

rava that post was uncalled for, it was the best game this week, post a better one and you'll get rotw as well smile.gif.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 11.Necron Mar 27 2006, 19:31 PM
Yeah, just get over it rava, this is ROTW, we never consider who the players are when voting ( don't take that personally Love ).

+
# 12Evey Mar 27 2006, 20:46 PM
My closest game so far, if someone could review it for me that would be great. Thanks

This post has been edited by Evry1: Mar 28 2006, 16:40 PM

+
# 13danevil Mar 27 2006, 20:57 PM
gg not rotw 0wn3d.gif
and isnt 6 low for rotw?

+
# 14Keato Mar 28 2006, 11:08 AM
rava, you should go to hell. Love is one of the best players to watch, i like to model myself on him. lol. i feel we play the same way, just FF outboom and CRUSH THEM. with ruyters and falcs too.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 15Arctic Aurora Mar 28 2006, 16:37 PM
No need to go cussing another player out. It's a clear case of blatant spite and envy, and a sick form of flattery i must say. Considering he knows exactly what to do and how to do it, it's a wonder he doesn't post replays and eliminate all doubt. rolleyes.gif

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 16firgli Mar 28 2006, 16:39 PM
Evey, post your replay in a new topic in the 1v1 replay section please, ill delete the one here smile.gif

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 17Evey Mar 28 2006, 16:44 PM
gg

This post has been edited by Evey: Mar 28 2006, 16:51 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 18Toomanybeers Mar 29 2006, 15:19 PM
im confused wacko.gif

btw, we only give rotw to ppl who are 2100+ and ranked 1 - 100. w00t.gif

or you can also do what love does and buy 2 rotw's and get a 3rd one free.

was quite a amusing game,

will be a shoutcast for it when i edit it. which could take forever but i assure u i will edit the sc eventually.

+
# 19Eric_da_BOMB Mar 30 2006, 11:27 AM
QUOTE(ravaneli @ Mar 27 2006, 02:01 PM) *

wow dude you're an asshole, go fuck yourself.

+
# 20BlacK FooT Apr 1 2006, 05:09 AM
Ravaneli's comments were completely unneccessary and immature, yes. But to have multiple cussouts following does not help and only further lowers the amount of maturity in this topic. Love_ is a VERY good player, and one person saying that they dont think so, won't change everyones' minds and turn love into a noob sleep.gif In fact out of everyone, love, handled the post the best with simply a carefree comment. Geez this guy has to give everyone lessons in aoe 3 AND in maturity sleep.gif lol

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)