this is the BO I use:
Tunnel
Cave
Tunnel
Cave
Tunnel
Tunnel
Cave

and from there it really depends, but a few more tunnels and then the spider pit should be your next move in most cases. its also possible to get the pit before the 3rd cave, but the important point is that you need to get the unit spamming up and going smile.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3wheezy821 Apr 6 2006, 14:53 PM
I think it's Jordan who always says the key to beating Mordor early is outspamming them. The BO I go for is
Cave, tunnel
Start building a Cave. Before that's done, the first cave should be done. Fire up a goblin.
Start sending your idle worker across the map, in order to build a tunnel close to the enemy.
Your second cave should be built about the same time your first batt of gobs is made, if your timing is pretty fast. Fire up a batt of gobs from each. Once you get $300, (which shouldn't be too long) build that tunnel close to the enemy's base (but not close enough for it to be noticed too easily. Also remember, he'll probably be sending at least one batt of orcs early on directlyat you, so it might be a good idea to build your forward tunnel a little off to the side, as to not be noticed). By the way, I'd send your first batt of gobls directly at him, trying to destroy a slaughter house or something. If you come across his initial batt of orcs on the way, remember, aggressive stance + poison.

When the second batt of gobs comes out, grab all the outposts. Jordan would probably tell you to do it with the first batt, but I always like to attack as early as possible. Keep sending gobs into his base. Destroy those econ buildings. Remember, your gobs cost 75, and his orcs are 100. And in a 1v1 fight, your gobs will win if you have aggressive and poison. (Enjoy it while you can, since it'll likely be nerfed) Keep the pressure on and KEEP BUILDING TUNNELS. There should be CONSTANT goblins coming out of both tunnels, and they should be heading for your enemy's base. Make good use of the tunnel system. If he's hanging around and doing a good job of defending, you may need to build a spider pit. Hopefully you'll have the time and resources to upgrade it first. Forget about the spiderlings. Keep the pressure on with your gobs, even if you're not doing too much damage - just keep the battle in his base, and don't let him expand. Wait until you have about 3 batts of riders, then attack. Hopefully he won't have any pikes (likely, since so far you've only been sending in infantry.) With your rides, trample any orcs you can, and then go for unit producing buildings, especially haradrim palaces, since you don't want him getting pikes. Keep the riders coming. Hopefully, this should really cripple him, and victory will be yours. If he's still hanging around, get shelob, keep bringing the riders, and work on getting some FU half-trolls, since they're tanks that do great damage to buildings/monsters, and don't really have a very strong counter.

Hope that helped. I have a replay or two somewhere I think, but I have so many saved I wouldn't know which one to post. If you think you really need it, let me know, and I can look them over. I'd also recommend checking out the replay center, since they're usually pretty good. Jordan and Danny both post a LOT of good replays, so I'm sure they have 1 or 2 games against Mordor.

+
# 4orogg Apr 6 2006, 16:15 PM
QUOTE(luigi @ Apr 6 2006, 11:37 AM) *

welcome to the site! smile.gif

this is the BO I use:
Tunnel
Cave
Tunnel
Cave
Tunnel
Tunnel
Cave

and from there it really depends, but a few more tunnels and then the spider pit should be your next move in most cases. its also possible to get the pit before the 3rd cave, but the important point is that you need to get the unit spamming up and going smile.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^.

+
# 5LordAlan Apr 6 2006, 19:47 PM
ty very much biggrin.gif

+
# 6Utred Apr 6 2006, 20:07 PM
i play mordor and i only played one goblin player that survived in to late game(but i think that's because i never met really good players) but they where quite hard and i think that goblins should be able to outspam mordor pretty easy if they play good because of lower cost, faster speed and PB, keep mordor in their base and it's very hard for them(i can tell) if you can get spider riders pretty fast before they have trolls you win i think

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 7Danny Apr 6 2006, 21:05 PM
Out Spamming them is the key, and its even easier since,

1) Your uints are stronger (put them in defence with Posion on)
2) You units are cheaper (75 for gobs, 100 for orcs)

A Sample BO would be,

Cave + Tunnel
Cave
Tunnel
Tunnel
SpiderPit

and here are Reps smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File Learning_Rep_Mordor_A1.BfME2Replay
Size: 48.36k
Number of downloads: 34
Attached File Learning_Rep_Mordor_A2.BfME2Replay
Size: 18.07k
Number of downloads: 10
Attached File Learning_Rep_Mordor_A3.BfME2Replay
Size: 22.62k
Number of downloads: 21

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8CH1LD Apr 7 2006, 04:22 AM
good post danny. reps is always a great way to learn wink.gif

+
# 9koner Apr 7 2006, 08:06 AM
QUOTE(Jordan^ @ Apr 7 2006, 06:22 AM) *

good post danny. reps is always a great way to learn wink.gif

agr33d. smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 10kam3L Apr 7 2006, 10:41 AM
mordor rush against goblins???? LOOOOL?

+
# 11WKRS/AcCiDenT` Apr 7 2006, 11:08 AM
Going Tunnel Spider Lair Ling Tunnel Ling is ownage.

2 early spiderlings own the crap out of mordor's buildings. With that start + good micro + warchant I was able to take down every building PinkF|oyd had except the fortress. Mass Spiders also own the crap out of almost anything Mordor can throw at you until Attack Trolls.

You also need Spider Riders in order to kill any fast fellbeast you could encounter (Goblin Archers are a joke imo).

This post has been edited by WKRS: Apr 7 2006, 11:08 AM

Game: Blizzard

+
# 12Utred Apr 7 2006, 12:30 PM
a good spiderling rush owns mordor

+
# 13Ge0force Apr 7 2006, 13:41 PM
Last game I played vs Mordor he had a troll cage that I overlooked, and he ruined my base with his trolls. What's the best counter against them? Spiders didn't seem to work...

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 14orogg Apr 7 2006, 14:24 PM
His orcs will destory your ling pit in SECONDS... with eye...

SO if he starts spamming orcs. And you are rushing his base then its gg for you.

If he tries to defend though then you will win.

Best counter against attack trolls are Half trolls. ( drogoth sucks against them. He deals so little dm that you wont even notice)

+
# 15ElvenKingChris Apr 7 2006, 17:53 PM
Lol I'm a mordor fan/player and I swear I never win against goblins, they are stronger, faster and cheaper..
Using spiderlings in the mid time will ruin us...

Strange this topic has so much 'I have trouble with mordor rush' reactions because u guy's army is much better.

+
# 16orogg Apr 7 2006, 18:25 PM
QUOTE(ElvenKingChris @ Apr 7 2006, 07:53 PM) *

Lol I'm a mordor fan/player and I swear I never win against goblins, they are stronger, faster and cheaper..
Using spiderlings in the mid time will ruin us...

Strange this topic has so much 'I have trouble with mordor rush' reactions because u guy's army is much better.

I agree.

I like playing mordor much more... but it just makes me cry meeting a elvish / goblin player.

Attack trolls are clearly the best choise against gobs. If you can hold gobs at bay then get attack trolls you can take out his buildings in seconds...

+
# 17Utred Apr 7 2006, 18:42 PM
do goblin players build half trolls every time or only when they see cav/monsters?

This post has been edited by hobbit of doom: Apr 7 2006, 18:43 PM

+
# 18general grievous^ Apr 7 2006, 19:49 PM
QUOTE(WKRS @ Apr 7 2006, 06:08 AM) *

Going Tunnel Spider Lair Ling Tunnel Ling is ownage.

2 early spiderlings own the crap out of mordor's buildings. With that start + good micro + warchant I was able to take down every building PinkF|oyd had except the fortress. Mass Spiders also own the crap out of almost anything Mordor can throw at you until Attack Trolls.

You also need Spider Riders in order to kill any fast fellbeast you could encounter (Goblin Archers are a joke imo).

Agreed you can do some serious damge with spider riders and lings alone and half trolls r annoying for Mordor as well

Clan: Legions of Mordor

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 19Nakeo Apr 7 2006, 21:20 PM
Orc rush is easily countered with goblins

Start with this build order:

Tunnel
Tunnel
Spiderpit
Spiderlings
Tunnel
spiderlings
spiderlings
tunnel

after u have first set of spiderlings send them to mordor base and search for the or pit and use warchant and switch to attack and destroy then use ur other spiders to defend against ne incomeing orcs. After you destroyed his pit(s) find and take out resources and mordor will behurting for awhile

Game: None

+
# 20Utred Apr 7 2006, 22:32 PM
it's not the orc rush you need to handle but the late game i think

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)