Congratulations and enjoy your medals!
How to watch replays.
Original Thread.
Official review by TheShrizzz.

IPB Image

Lady_Grace vs. V_Vellington

IPB Image vs. IPB Image

Lady_Grace

This is the kind of game I love to see. Much congrats, Lady_Grace. Using a fun civ like Russia who might not be as strong as the Germans, but you totally utilized the Russian advantages in vill block training and in infantry block training to keep a mass of fully upgraded units out there at all times to beat a merc/cannon lamer. I know as an RR I should probably try to be unbiased against things like that, but I guess I just can't help it. I've seen far too many times games where a German doesn't build vills and has a far weaker eco and just makes mercs and cannons and wins. Actually, I shouldn't knock V_Vellington too much because he actually did branch out to some WW's and skirms and stuff and fish boomed and had 3 TC's and got some vills out, but only after all his mercs died to superior micro and outspamming of weaker, cheaper Russian units. Not really much you did wrong in this game that I could see, this was one of the better played games I saw, good use of culvs when he cannon spammed, got to industrial and got heavy cannons to kill your opponent's fort, and basically spamming guard strelets and guard muskets 'till the cows come home. Very well played, I have nothing else to say.

V_Vellington

So I guess I've already said what strat you took in this game...age up with like 16 vills, FF and put everyone on gold for all the mercs you could get, hacks->lands->jaegers->br's. Lady_Grace horribly outmicroed you, especially at this time of the game, with the combination of melee muskets and some ranged muskets doing focus fire on those high-health mercs. Those mercs cost you so much that from that point, even when you had a few left and were going around destroying his blockhouses basically as he tried to build them, he was still ahead of you. It wasn't really until you made industrial that you started to get more vills, eventually getting up to about 60, even though your opponent had 98. That was really what did it for you, too much gold and vill secs spent on the cannons and mercs and not enough balance of eco to keep a spam going late in the game. I think next time just try to keep some vill production going while getting your mercs out (if that's the strat your going for) and maybe building some other military units to just mix it up a bit. Also, you made it to industrial far before your opponent, but you hardly utilized it! You didn't upgrade skirms or uhlans and you didn't even get a factory or any heavy cannons. You only got a couple mortars, and lost them very poorly to bad artillery micro, while your opponent was getting heavy cannons.

Overall: 7

Attached File(s)
Attached File 2006_04_14_16_48___Carolina____Russians__Lady_Grace__Germans__V_Vellington.age3rec
Size: 455.23k
Number of downloads: 439
Player Name Side Team
Lady_Grace 1
V_Vellington 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2Hooked Apr 24 2006, 04:29 AM
Gratz, lady's style is as elegant as her name, always retreating and going forward, never giving up. Well played, GJ!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Keato Apr 24 2006, 06:35 AM
wow, i feel sori for Lady_Grace, i have played witha nd against V_Vellington, and let me tell you, you need to micro your troops about 6 seconds in advance. im sori for flaming but it is the truth, gg u played well grace, gj biggrin.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 4.Necron Apr 24 2006, 07:31 AM
Seems like this person is a notorious lagger, they can still play really well though. ohmy.gif

+
# 51fantabulousman Apr 24 2006, 11:43 AM
^^ not as well as it looks

when he is used to pings of 1200 and the opponents arent it means the opponents have a MUCH harder time doing what he does and so his micro looks better because theirs looks worse than it normally is

so people see him microing as well as a great player but really he isnt as good just the great player is totally fucked over by lag

+
# 6.Necron Apr 24 2006, 11:44 AM
I get it now. ohmy.gif

Some people have mentioned having no lag in games against the player at all. Are you sure it's not their fault that they lag so much?

+
# 7JunkFood Knight Apr 26 2006, 00:11 AM
Wow...merc spammmm

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 8KingRatt Apr 29 2006, 04:00 AM
frusty.gif Mercs r so lame and this one proves it. No skill on vellingtons part. Lady could have taken him down real early with better scouting on the coin piles. Yes laggers r used to their lag and a non lagger has difficulty adapting.

+
# 9Hockeystar Apr 29 2006, 15:47 PM
Strelets are OP as hell:

Quoted from me in HG:
STRELETS ARE OP!!!

WHY? You should be asking... Why those weak units are OP? I'll tell you:

1-They are cheap
2-They have cool axes
3-You make them in groups of 3
4-They have cool axes
5-They can beat aNY infantry!!!
6-They have cool axes

Let's see a battle between skirmishers and strelets... There are bout 2.42 strelets for each skirmish, cause a skirmish costs 2.42 strelets...

FIRST BATTLE: 121 STRELETS VS 50 SKIRMISHERS:

[PNG, (257.54 KB)]

Cool, hã? now let's see the beginning of the battle...

[PNG, (679.04 KB)]

WOW!!! the skirmisher have OWNED that poorly Strelet!!! Is the Russian army afraid of their fcus fire? Will they retreat??? oh... Wait!!! something Amazing is happening there:

[PNG, (657.82 KB)]

The Strlets made a Super-charge with their big-coll 4ed damage axes!!! Look to the fear in their eyes!!!

[PNG, (650.56 KB)]

they made a globe of death around the skirmishers, they stand no chance against the mighty of the Strelets!!!

[PNG, (833.46 KB)]

Skirmishers... OWNED!!!!

now, let's see a battle against another OP unit... Cuirassiers...

SECOND BATTLE: 63 STRELETS VS 10 CUIRASSIERS:

As you can see, those bad horses suddenly appeared charging our Soviet comrades...

[PNG, (566.45 KB)]

But the Strelets resist and make a fire barrage upon they!!!

[PNG, (593.79 KB)]

Go Strelets go!!! yeah, they're just 9 now1! And you are 60!!! No wait... 54, 52, 43... Ãh.. Don't worry, they're just warming up... Now there are 7 Cuirassiers and 13 Strelets... OMG!

[PNG, (470.29 KB)]

Uh... but then GOD suddenly appears and... uh... send a Holly truck to get those french horses!!!

[PNG, (635.24 KB)]

See? The Strelets always win in the End... those guys are OP!!!

+
# 10Liberale Apr 29 2006, 21:15 PM
Well played Lady. I loved the part where he runs his uhlans and hacks into a large group of muskets. I didn't know you could play 25 minutes of a game with only 22 villagers tho.

+
# 11Toomanybeers Apr 30 2006, 10:09 AM
Strelets are OP as hell:

and WW is a UP bs compared to the strelet.

This post has been edited by .Necron: Apr 30 2006, 19:51 PM

+
# 12.Necron Apr 30 2006, 19:50 PM
Reece don't quote a post with a length like that. post-13661-1143531603.gif tongue.gif

+
# 13IamSpaniard May 9 2006, 05:07 AM
BT GG smilie_naughty.gif

+
# 14Shwaffles Aug 12 2006, 02:27 AM
QUOTE(Hockeystar @ Apr 29 2006, 03:47 PM) *

Strelets are OP as hell:

Quoted from me in HG:
STRELETS ARE OP!!!

WHY? You should be asking... Why those weak units are OP? I'll tell you:

1-They are cheap
3-You make them in groups of 3
5-They can beat aNY infantry!!!

first off they r suppose to be cheap and two they come in groups of 10 not 3. (busted smile.gif )
also they r LIGHT INFANTRY they r suppose to beat any type of infantry (duh!!)
AND THREE STRELETS ARENT OP!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)