Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

#8 Dark_Mace vs ShyGirl

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Dark_Mace May 5 2005, 02:33 AM
Yea preety interesting game. IN Shy girls own words, this is him taking me "Lightly" and he "would" of owned me had he spammed 15 btrs relally fast...becasue according to him..he can have it "really" "fast".

Anyway other then that i thought the game was preety good, lots of action, a little slow in begining, but it quickly picks up.

This post has been edited by AgmLauncher: May 6 2005, 02:15 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Replay.zip
Size: 921.75k
Size (unzipped): 1.5mb
Number of downloads: 252
Player Name Side Team
Dark_Mace 0
Shy_Girl 0

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2-Sharingan- May 5 2005, 12:47 PM
Incredible to see a CST player who doesnt spam BTR. All in all a fun game to watch. Beautiful and decisive play from DarkMace happy.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3AgmLauncher May 5 2005, 19:38 PM
Overview
This was a very fun game to watch. There was plenty of action to go around. Yes, it was slow in the beginning as both players decided to go for fast expand rather than fast attack, but as the game progressed, some nice expansion fighting was going on. Both players mixed units, but Mace did it with much more precision and planning than his opponent.

Mace
    Pros
    Mace went for a fast expand strat here, which is extremely risky considering the recent strats that have come out for CST. Had he went up against someone like SKSUS or any of the CST leaders, he would have been swarmed with BTRs and Ak74s. However he at least made an effort to defend himself against raiding BTRs by making Javs. It's a risk he took but it paid off.

Mace made great use of Bradley/Jav raid squads. He kept up a continuous production of Bradley/Humvee/Jav combos which was a good illustration of excellent macromanagement. Because of this he was able to adapt what he used them for when he was being attacked. He made a transition from offense in the lower right corner, to defense when his expansion in the upper right corner was being attacked. He also made very good use of the map's features by garrisoning his Javs anywhere he could. This facilitated his attacks and it's why he usually wound up on top of most skirmishes and/or did significantly more damage.

Because Mace not only utelized a wide variety of units, but MIXED them together while attacking, he was able to capture the pilots and infantry from Shy Girl's attack forces. Capturing POWs is a must-do in this game and Mace made it a point to fill up his hospital with them, giving him a significant economical advantage as the oil was equally distributed.

Mace also made excellent use of combo attacks, my favorite in particular was the Blackhawk drop, followed up by Abrams while the AMX tanks were distracted/getting owned by the Javs, and combod with an A-10 for effect. Brilliantly played. He really did a good job of wiping out Girl's control of that area. The next great combo was the B2 raid on the power while he snuck the Apaches into Girl's base to wipe it out.

Cons
    The only real mistake I saw was using F15s. They're air to air only. It took Mace a while to figure out that A-10's were the anti-vehicle. Had he used them sooner, he could have raided Girl's supplies more easily I think.
-4/5-

Girl
    Pros
    In all honesty I didnt see a whole lot of intelligent play from Shy Girl here. The most creative stuff from him was the use of tanker bomb trucks early on, but other than that there wasnt much.

Cons
    *addition*
    I forgot to mention the fact that unlike Mace, he made no effort to produce units to defend himself early on. He went quite a long time without any defense. An early rush from an aggressive player would have trampled him.

To start with, he should have sent his first Hip (the one that was idle above his refinery forever) to the upper left derrick to scout. He could have then sent a single BTR to stop Mace from getting control of that area. Instead he just built up whatever number of units he thought would be strong enough to do damage and lost a lot of them to a handful of Javs. Then he just sends a bunch of AMX tanks blindly at Mace's middle derrick as if he wouldnt encounter any resistence there. At least when Mace sent his Bradleys in, they had infantry with them which would have allowed him to control occupied garrisons. Shy Girl had no such support, so sure enough when he drove between the towers, he got owned and had no way of really dealing with those Javs.

What I simply found funny was his transitions to different types of units when the unit before didnt work. For example, once he realized his AMX tanks were just not going to be able to do much to Bradley/Jav + Garrison/Jav usage, he switched to Hinds. These did alright, but he just let them get owned by infantry and Avengers. He didnt really even try to save them. Again, he used ONLY Hinds. Never mixed anything else, didnt even drop off infantry with them or upgrade them.

However the most insane waste of units I have ever seen was when he lost his Kornet spam to those Abrams. All those Kornets should have absolutely crushed those Abrams tanks. Yet he loses then all and Mace ends up with one fully promoted Abrams. How on earth do you do that? BTR+Kornet dropping would have owned those Abrams. But again, he chose to use single types of units at once. Never bothered to mix or micro.
-1/5-

Conclusion
Although the back and forth action suggests otherwise, Mace was clearly on top of this game from start to finish. He made some very smart decisions, used some very smart micromanagement, and simply took Shy Girl apart. Perhaps Shy Girl could have beaten Mace if he had done the standard sell all/BTR abuse nonsense, but in all honesty it would have been that imbalance that would have beaten Mace, not a superior level of play. This was a fun game to watch and a great demonstration of US Army capability. Watch and learn
-7/10-

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 4Dark_Mace May 6 2005, 01:57 AM
great review agm. Definatley the most consice one i have ever had.
And as for the f-15's lol. I actualy knew they are air to air only, i was sending them in to kill his hinds and consturctors. I assumed he spammed mroe hinds so i kept sending them in.

As for my strat, i normaly try and fast expand, and what i find i can do, is usualy one garisoned jav kills a btr in one shot, what i do next is use my supply trucks to run over aks. most times i am able to micro it to kill a btr/ak rush.

But what i find is early on on non bank maps the cst player will send one or 2 btrs wihtotu aks to harras supplies. Usualy i take them out ebfore they mange to do any damage, giving me enough time to get a war factory and get some bardleys/humvee action happenign.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 5KingsRevenge May 7 2005, 00:46 AM
This was a fun game to watch. One thing I liked is how shygirl didn't CC sell which allowed for the game to be pretty evenly matched and I enjoyed it alot.

I took a nice screenie to, DarkMaces plane shooting a missle, while an SA-7 shoots a tracked shot at it over top of shygrils build up of a force.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 6Zeed May 16 2005, 16:56 PM
Congratulations on this Replay being our 8th ROtW banana.gif

+
# 7Tech_DeckMaster_ May 16 2005, 21:03 PM
sorry, ShyGirl lvl here do not worth rotw...

u should re calculate ur thoughts

even Agnluancha said : girl 1/5...
maybe not good replays posted this week?

+
# 8quietgirl192 May 20 2005, 10:28 AM
lol replay of the week? great....i'll take u on again this time let me get my coffee and let me start caring wink.gif and i'm a mainly usa player now i'll play u this time as usa vs usa just pm me or add me to msn [email protected] to schedule a rematch. and i was experimenting that time with hinds was originally going to blow u to pieces with akulas and kornets but then got distracted and bored laugh.gif c ya...and u gotta admit a spam of btrs followed by a constant flow would have hurt wink.gif

edit: and u really really gotta stop calling me he....haha

This post has been edited by quietgirl192: May 20 2005, 10:30 AM

+
# 9Tech_DeckMaster_ May 20 2005, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(quietgirl192 @ May 20 2005, 01:28 PM)
lol replay of the week? great....i'll take u on again this time let me get my coffee and let me start caring wink.gif and i'm a mainly usa player now i'll play u this time as usa vs usa just pm me or add me to msn [email protected] to schedule a rematch. and i was experimenting that time with hinds was originally going to blow u to pieces with akulas and kornets but then got distracted and bored  laugh.gif  c ya...and u gotta admit a spam of btrs followed by a constant flow would have hurt wink.gif

edit: and u really really gotta stop calling me he....haha

can u post some pictures then? banana.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)