Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[AoE3] TurtleHeart vs Hakaori

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1.Necron May 1 2006, 04:01 AM
Congratulations and enjoy your medals!
How to watch replays.
Original Thread.
Official review by our highly creative Reece, aka toomanybeers.

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image Hakaori vs TurtleHeart IPB Image

the game starts straight away, right into action. hakaori is under the impression that he is safe until colonial and pays little attention to anything else but macroning and choosing cards. TurtleHeart comes right in from the first minute with a raid consisting of 5 envoys. unluckily for TurtleHeart hakaori has some good micro going for him and coveys the damage given to each worker by placing ones near to death into his TC. in this way he can still get a ok time to colonial AND kill all of TurtleHearts envoys in the process. both make it to colonial at roughly the same time and have at this time also both chosen decks.

IPB Image

Hakaori's deck:
IPB Image

TurtleHeart's deck:
IPB Image

obviously hakaori is going for a fastfortress deck with bank cards for the extra economy. TurtleHeart on the other hand, well i havent got a fucken clue, if his idea was to confuse his opponent with watercards on great plains then its workers as even the reviewer is confused to hell! but i was still intrested to see what crazy stuff TurtleHeart was going to come up with.

The match then proceeds with TurtleHeart taking the early lead, 4 banks and the first one to fortress whereas Hakaori takes the time to field some wood but instead of going for 4 banks and fortress he takes some workers forward in the attempt to create a forward base, due to this he is second to fortress.

TurtleHeart does not use his advantage greatly, he gets the 3 frontier outposts and wastes them by gaining next to no mapcontrol! 3 outposts can gain INSANE ammounts of mapcontrol, and sometimes that little bit more control = the win.

IPB Image

Hakaori really played well in that he used his explorer ALOT, his fwd base consisted of a barrack an artillery foundry and a outpost, he called a skirm card and that was followed by halbs from his barrack and 3 cannons. he related his whole forward rush on that he knew TurtleHeart had no anti artillery handy. his attack had a benefit in that he took down a fair ammount of banks BEFORE they had paid the resources that had taken to build.

IPB Image

TurtleHeart was not going to be taken out of the game lightly.

IPB Image

he created a small army on the other side of his tc, where hakaori couldnt see it. i assume he wanted ruyters so i decided to include this in the screen shot.

IPB Image

hellariously, hakaori lost his whole army to 2 culvs and 20+ skirmishers. he also shot a wolf by accident and lost his last cannon to a wolf attack sad.gif

IPB Image

hakaori was pissed that his attack hadnt worked so he pulled out some major barrack fort and artillery spam!

at this point of the game both players had there advantages, TurtleHeart had a nice military advantage with counter units to cannons + infantry, whereas Hakaori had a few advantages in mapcontrol and a pretty substantial macro advtantage. if equal macro and equal micro are played macro will always win due to spam, the player microing has to be a bit better then the player macroing but if that player is better then micro > macro. so at this point i was looking forward to whow ould win a fairly meaningful battle. But then hakaori decided to push his advantage and aged up into industrial.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hakaori's shipments come out just at the right time his ruyters destroying TurtleHeart's cannons and then followed that up with his 4 barracks spam. which eventually let him lead a counter attack directly into TurtleHeart's base!

id imagine Hakaori was rather happy about winning this battle and would start singing me and his favourite song...

IPB Image

and then if things couldnt get better for hakaori his stadhouder's come into play (guardian musketeers aquired through the church tech) this and his skirm + cannon spam was a devestating force to be reckoned with. AND on top of all this he had his factory's making heavy cannons! could TurtleHeart hold on?

IPB Image

another crucial battle was unfolding, this one could very well decide the game, on one hand special tech units cannons and skirmishers versus skirmishers and culverins.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

a huge victory for hakaori and then he lead a assault vs TurtleHeart's main base!

IPB Image

TurtleDove pulled his lands and went towards Hakaori's base with a "anal assault" which took down 3 of Hakaori's banks and 1 plantation, unluckily for TurtleHeart his attack was countered by minute men and 2 heavy cannons. going for the factories would have been alot more benficial.

IPB Image

the final battle was drawing near and both players were mustering there armies together so they could proceed with one last final attack. TurtleHeart going for skirmishers and counter artillery and Hakaori going for heavy cannons and pretty much everything.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Turtleheart wasnt going to be put off of raiding the shit out of Hakaori but it wasnt going to affect him much due to his economy booming to much. but we all love dog soldiers so i suppose its all ok.

IPB Image

but sadly for TurtleHeart the might of heavycannon spam beat his carefully picked army. but both players played to a nice quality of play.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hakaori:

nice scouting
good macro
nice unit selection, could deal with anything
pretty cool deckie
good attacks
your quick decisions WON YOU this game.

TurtleHeart

good unit selection ONCE u realised what hakaori was doing
not a very nice deck
pretty ok micro
some wierd macor at time
some bad decission making
SUCH A AWESOME RUSH!!!

Hakaori : 7/10
TurtleHeart: 6/10
a extra point for the fucking awesome rush.

overall 7/10

ELITE CANDIDATE AND ROTW CANDIDATE.

Attached File(s)
Attached File _Great_Plains___Dutch__TurtleHeart__Dutch__Hakaori.age3rec
Size: 442.45k
Number of downloads: 273
Player Name Side Team
TurtleHeart 1
Hakaori 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2JunkFood Knight May 1 2006, 04:48 AM
Gotta love reece wub.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3.Necron May 1 2006, 07:59 AM

TurtleDove pulled his lands and went towards Hakaori's base with a "anal assault"

Indeed.

+
# 4theshrizzz May 1 2006, 14:36 PM
I think I played TurtleHeart a few days ago on quicksearch, and he did the same envoy rush against me. Sadly, I'm not as 1337 as Hakaori so I didn't do such a good job of beating it sad.gif

+
# 5^Glorious^ May 1 2006, 17:32 PM
nice review tongue.gif

+
# 6HamerD May 1 2006, 21:57 PM
top review

+
# 7Hakaori May 2 2006, 21:27 PM
This game is ONLY replay of the week because of reeces review, so thanks to his GREAT review lol smile.gif

thanks and gg

btw: where is my medal lol biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Hakaori: May 2 2006, 21:28 PM

+
# 8themosh May 4 2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah I didn't see what was so great about the gameplay. Nice review though. Turtle heart did the same envoy rush against my russia a shot while ago (replay on agesanc) and it would've really messed me up had I not rescued a 2 dog treasure earlier just for kicks.

As for the game: have you guys heard of hussars? Several points throughout hte game armies consisted of skirms + cannon (skirm culv for turtle usually with no more than 5 pikes!). I've really noticed that there's like a conspiracy among dutch players not to build hussars. It's like a blood oath you take once ur dutch city lvl hits 40. One you play with russia for a while, you'll come to love those high hp hussars. Also noone even built ruyters in this game, which was weird but also understandable.

Good move on turtle heart's part was the lakota dog soldiers. Should've gotten the native tp sooner, axe ridershave almost 400 hp without the upgrades. Also, what was with all those towers. If you're gonna turtle why not get a fort instead, and then you know turtle (that would involve sending the bank cards instead of the 2 tower card when in fortress age with 4 banks). 2 tower card + outpost limit card + 2000 wood spent on outposts could've been 2 more banks and a much better eco/bigger army. Turtle had a 10 villie advantage due to his envoy rush and slow ff, but instead turtled himself to death.

+
# 9Hooked May 5 2006, 04:54 AM
Am i on crack?

TurtleDove pulled his lands and went towards Hakaori's base with a "anal assault"...

Now, TurtleDove?...

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 10Toomanybeers May 5 2006, 10:26 AM
when i think turtle i automatically think turtledove due to turtleheart not being a word, and because of this i keep having the urge to type turtledove, i think everyone should be notably impressed that i only did it 2 times.

+
# 11Keato May 6 2006, 07:31 AM
lol, envoy rush is OP, i beat sup3rman doing it

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 12jaafit May 9 2006, 16:49 PM
It's definitely OP. He has no choice but to kill your envoys, and wastes precious early vil time doing so. You can change your opponents entire gameplan with those 5 envoys.

+
# 13TheH8ter May 10 2006, 01:50 AM
Watching the defence, and attempt to take down the heavy cannons, at the end, was fun if anything.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)