Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Lazarus | Lezbolas, jawdat, StrayHeart

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix Apr 11 2015, 04:29 AM
This is your personal mentoring topic. Use it as needed. Be sure to first check out the details of the program. You can ask general mentoring questions in the General Questions topic. If you encounter problems with someone on your team or for any other queries, please PM me.

If you wish to extend your mentoring session beyond May 10th, you should indicate this with a post in this topic as the end of the mentoring period approaches.

Note: You are expected to be active in this topic throughout the mentoring period (until May 10th). Please make good use of this program, it's a great opportunity for everyone to have some fun and give the RotWK competitive community a boost.

Good luck & have fun guys!

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Lazarus° Apr 11 2015, 10:20 AM
Hi guys, I need to know on what we are standing now. Post some replays here, they can be 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 or even from 2.01. If u want me to learn you something specific or have some questions just ask here. Also add me on gr id: lazar

This post has been edited by Lazarus°: Apr 11 2015, 10:27 AM

+
# 3Lezbolas Apr 12 2015, 23:25 PM
Here are some replays

Attached File(s)
Attached File for_lazarus.BfME2Replay
Size: 332.03k
Number of downloads: 93
Player Name Side Team
May-Shadow 4
MAU|Sania 1
MAU|Thor 1
A_Monkey1s 4
Lezbolas* 1
SpecialGue 4
Attached File for_lazarus_2.BfME2Replay
Size: 169.89k
Number of downloads: 91
Player Name Side Team
Lazarus 4
Kia 1
MuRk3d 1
Lezbolas* 4
SpecialGue 4
RayDog 1

+
# 4Lazarus° Apr 12 2015, 23:45 PM
Here are most important guides:
Golden Ten
Stacking
Hotkeys
Stances part 1
Stances part 2
Atacking and Defending RB
Defense agianst doubling
Spellbook
Structure placement
Countering Ents
Waypoints
Wolf riders bug

You should precisely read all of them .
You can also use Repinfo to easy save your replays.

This post has been edited by Lazarus°: Apr 13 2015, 02:18 AM

+
# 5Lazarus° Apr 13 2015, 17:26 PM
Just watched Dagorland, wasn't totally bad but:
#1 You must play more offensive.
#2 Structure placement
#3 Always remember about stances

Watch THIS REPLAY, see how Im playing gobs.

+
# 6Lezbolas Apr 13 2015, 21:16 PM
Tried to watch it but my game crashes every time i load the replay,also tried with some other replays and they work fine
idk whats the problem i just copied the replay in replays folder

+
# 7Lazarus° Apr 13 2015, 21:31 PM
Did you download map? If no: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=960003 1.01 version

+
# 8Lezbolas Apr 13 2015, 23:06 PM
Watched it, great game, now i have some questions
-Why did u build those fortress tunels burrows i think they are called at the begining
-Havent seen u using tunnels i thought they were very important with goblins
-You also havent built any heroes except near the end i thought goblin king is pretty good
And one question in general i dont know how to deal with cavalry that destroys resource buildings i would use towers but everyone hates them so i dont have much choice when i try to kill them with spearmen the are too slow and cavalry escapes before i get to them if i use archers they just run them over

+
# 9Lazarus° Apr 14 2015, 01:44 AM
-Why did u build those fortress tunels burrows i think they are called at the begining

QUOTE(Lazarus° @ Mar 11 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Burrow cost just 200 and gives 70 cp, goblins units are cheap so u can have much bigger army than enemy. It really matters if u play vs early cav where u need lots of cannon fodder.

-Havent seen u using tunnels i thought they were very important with goblins

Goblins have fastest units in game, no need to use tunnels, but you can always keep 2-3 warriors to fast defend.

-You also havent built any heroes except near the end i thought goblin king is pretty good

I use hero only if really need them or to overpower someone(Witch King is my favorite early game hero biggrin.gif). I was whole game focused on harassing and heroes were redundant, only Dorgoth might be useful but really easy to lose him in this MU.

i dont know how to deal with cavalry that destroys resource buildings

Good way is hero on horse, best if with splash damage(Mouth, Sharku), also hero with bow. If your enemy play with cav, you should too, its the best counter. Try to trap cav with few units of pikemens, always keep them near archers.

+
# 10Lezbolas Apr 14 2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks man.Now i have one angmar replay that i would like u to watch its not very long but went pretty bad for me

Attached File(s)
Attached File angmar.BfME2Replay
Size: 91.02k
Number of downloads: 83
Player Name Side Team
Lezbolas* 0
pepita 0

+
# 11Lazarus° Apr 14 2015, 16:41 PM
Good building placement.
Good offensive playing, but you need to spam more.
Fellwind always should be your second spell, its very useful especially when you are hunting cav. Then you should take orcs/wights, spawned units compared with wind and WC can kill most early game armies or help you in atacking bases.
Axe throwers always need defense, use them only for defend or to support bigger armies.
Don't attack farms in fort range with just one unit, it wont work(exception- Dwarfs, Men soldiers, Uruk-hai). Better run around and let enemy follow you.
Build as many farms as possible(also lumbers if evil nations, but not too fast).
Rogash and Mongomir aren't really useful in this MU, better spent cash on more units or save for WK.

Read this topic http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=960650

+
# 12Lezbolas Apr 14 2015, 22:56 PM
Can u give me some replays where u play as angmar, and heres one game where i played dwarves

Attached File(s)
Attached File dwarfs.BfME2Replay
Size: 71.28k
Number of downloads: 85
Player Name Side Team
Lezbolas* 0
Nazdrool 0

+
# 13Lazarus° Apr 15 2015, 00:42 AM
Wasn't bad but:
- Better do archery range instead of second rax, dwarf axe throwers are very powerful and cheap unit, spam them.
- Remember about inns, they are very useful for dwarfs, hobbits throwing stones mixed with dwarf infantry can kill almost everything.
- When you spawn hobbits switch them to stones and use Frodo's ability, enemy units will run.
- You should do BW(Battle Wagon) faster, its extreme useful. Don't waste it, if you are charging over enemy never stop close to them, buy banners and keep it behind your units to provide leadership(defensive stance so it wont move alone), remember that heal works on BW.
- If cav is charging over your units order to attack it, it will slow down them and will deal lots of damage
- Clump when you attack buildings! When your units are close to building click behind it and wait until they will be closest possible and click on building. See how to do it exactly with using waypoints(alt):

Read this guides:
Waypoint strategies
Flanking guide
Fast RB construcion

My basic Angmar build:
Attached File Angmar1.BfME2Replay
Size: 51.62k
Number of downloads: 80
Player Name Side Team
Lazarus* 4
C12D13 0

You shouldn't yet build halls out of fort range, it requires very good micro when defending.

Angmar on nandu side:

Dwarf replays:

This post has been edited by Lazarus°: Apr 15 2015, 02:56 AM

+
# 14Lezbolas Apr 16 2015, 21:18 PM
Heres one replay where i tried to do a wild men start with isengard but failed

Attached File(s)
Attached File isengard55.BfME2Replay
Size: 109.81k
Number of downloads: 73
Player Name Side Team
KarlTanner 1
Lezbolas* 2
SpecialGue 1
May-Shadow 2

+
# 15Lezbolas Apr 22 2015, 19:04 PM
One mordor replay and can u give me tips when playing against dwarves i always seem to loose against them

Attached File(s)
Attached File jebanje.BfME2Replay
Size: 28.52k
Number of downloads: 62
Player Name Side Team
Lezbolas* 0
DJParson 0

+
# 16Phoenix Apr 27 2015, 18:02 PM
Added StrayHeart as a new mentee. How are you guys doing by the way with the teaching & learning? happy.gif

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 17StrayHeart Apr 29 2015, 07:57 AM
Oh BlueKnight you added me in here! Damm I'll have to play some games Lazarus asked me to and upload..

+
# 18StrayHeart May 10 2015, 21:04 PM
How am I supposed ot spam games if ppl kick me from their "good players" rooms. Hey I know I'm not competetive player, but I won't get better waiting on 1v1 room 24/7 ffs.
Anyone willing to spam with me?

Maybe if I make a cw account some one will for points.

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: May 10 2015, 21:07 PM

+
# 19The Smoking Man™ May 10 2015, 21:08 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ May 10 2015, 22:04 PM) *
How am I supposed ot spam games if ppl kick me from their "good players" rooms. Hey I know I'm not competetive player, but I won't get better waiting on 1v1 room 24/7 ffs.
Anyone willing to spam with me?

Maybe if I make a cw account some one will for points.

I will. smile.gif

Who kicks you BTW?

+
# 20StrayHeart May 10 2015, 21:40 PM
QUOTE(The Smoking Man™ @ May 10 2015, 22:08 PM) *

I will. smile.gif

Who kicks you BTW?

ty it would be nice, I can start from tomorrow.
And told you on priv

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)