Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Gromij Oct 14 2009, 09:41 AM
TotW #75 - Countering Nod Attack Bike rush/spam - by IKMS

Discuss here ;o

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Baizhao. Oct 14 2009, 11:16 AM
Worthless.

Infantry opening vs Nod factions is -EV unless you're steel talons, what's more if you're known to open with infantry people will always get 1-2 buggies and you're shafted.

And Nod will go for your spikes on most maps if you got lot of infantry in your base. Lose-lose situation if you get infantry. Vs Nod you have to open with Bikes, Pits, Seekers or you're in a hole.

Furthermore, whoever defends with Awakened is a horrible player. They suck vs rocket damage, bugged, and unlikely to hit with EMP.

This post has been edited by Baizhao.: Oct 14 2009, 11:19 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Perfi Oct 14 2009, 11:48 AM
Charged dev tanks oneshot bikes, that's an advantage vScrin and Reaper has over T59 in the long run. Not that hard to get them either.
Orcas can be used together with Pitbulls. Orcas can kill a bike in just one volley, when it takes three from a bike to kill an Orca.

One volley? More like one shot. If you're using 4 orcas to fire on one bike, you're gonna lose them.

Also I'd much rather get Predators than Pitbulls as GDI - not as fast, but they work on choke maps like Deci and are also able to counter scorp spam. Most players switch to that one after bikes.

+
# 4Roboreaper Oct 14 2009, 12:33 PM
QUOTE(Baizhao. @ Oct 14 2009, 13:16 PM) *

Worthless.

Infantry opening vs Nod factions is -EV unless you're steel talons, what's more if you're known to open with infantry people will always get 1-2 buggies and you're shafted.

And Nod will go for your spikes on most maps if you got lot of infantry in your base. Lose-lose situation if you get infantry. Vs Nod you have to open with Bikes, Pits, Seekers or you're in a hole.

Furthermore, whoever defends with Awakened is a horrible player. They suck vs rocket damage, bugged, and unlikely to hit with EMP.

i take it from your comment that you don't play allot. and even if you do play allot your just trying to spam bikes back if your vs nod?

using infantry to stop the first wave of bikes always works and gives you time to prepare for the next wave.

awakened don't bug out as much as you think if you know their limits

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5Perfi Oct 14 2009, 12:36 PM
QUOTE(Roboreaper @ Oct 14 2009, 14:33 PM) *

i take it from your comment that you don't play allot. and even if you do play allot your just trying to spam bikes back if your vs nod?

He most certainly doesn't play long. Btw, Baizhao, why do you tend to quit after having your rifle scouts intercepted on your LeeSedol nickname? tongue.gif

+
# 6c0mmanderKeen Oct 14 2009, 13:21 PM
I didnt find the hint "worthless" at all except maybe that awakened really do suck at defending vs bikes because of their bad cash-dmg ration plus the awakened' emp never lasts 5 seconds, 3 max; its the enlighted you think of.

good tip still smile.gif

any mok players try those enlightened to counter bikes as they are accessible early on ?

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 7I.AM.OP Oct 14 2009, 14:10 PM
biggrin.gif wub.gif ikms

Game: Generals 2

+
# 8Fidla Oct 14 2009, 14:24 PM
Very good tip, as Zocom I have always problem to counter bikes. Only thing you must do is - scout, scout, scout

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 9c0mmanderKeen Oct 14 2009, 15:01 PM
love how multiple rocket harvs tear half health bikes in pieces biggrin.gif

+
# 10IKMS Oct 14 2009, 15:39 PM
I can see a mixture of opinions but most prominent is that I sucked with the MoK section.

I know that on their own Awakened are pathetic against bikes and sometimes the EMP misses, but when the EMP hits it is defastating to a bike rush. If you ahve enough you can also micro them to continually emp the bikes.

This is nothing to do with bikes, but on a 2v2 I have killed a Redeemer with just 2 Titans and 3 pitbulls because my team mate kept EMPing the Redeemer.

Baizhao, I can see you obviously hated my tip. In the tip I did not say "spam infantry only it owns all the bikes", I said that it is effective if mixes with an MBT or pitbulls/bike (not those exact words). Awakened I have said above. If nod go for your spikes then attack, especially if you have scouted that they are just spamming. You will kill their harvs with no resistance and they wil kill yours, but then you will have a larger and more powerful army than theirs. You will win out on that one.

Thanks for if you ahve said constructive criticism or said it was good happy.gif

Any criticism that is not helpful is unwelcomed.

Game: None

+
# 11Roboreaper Oct 14 2009, 16:10 PM
enlightened are to expensive to counter bike rushes

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 12c0mmanderKeen Oct 14 2009, 16:20 PM
QUOTE(Roboreaper @ Oct 14 2009, 17:10 PM) *

enlightened are to expensive to counter bike rushes

yes I just tested it with a friend they are too slow without upgrade and killing the early eco. pity post-13661-1143531603.gif
I like those guys. Would be nice to have more bo variations possible but thats no news

This post has been edited by c0mmanderKeen: Oct 14 2009, 16:22 PM

+
# 13(Best)(Noob) Oct 14 2009, 16:56 PM
make 2-4 rocket men on an all in bike rush and its actually useful as it forces them to make buggies which gives you more time, but dont bother unless its an all in...

This post has been edited by (Best)(Noob): Oct 14 2009, 16:56 PM

+
# 14IKMS Oct 14 2009, 17:06 PM
QUOTE((Best)(Noob) @ Oct 14 2009, 17:56 PM) *

make 2-4 rocket men on an all in bike rush and its actually useful as it forces them to make buggies which gives you more time, but dont bother unless its an all in...

Using infantry vs any bike rush is a good idea as building extra buggies is not what the opponent wants to do.

Buggies can be used as a meat shield if you think your opponent has bad micro, but Predators/Scorpion can be used as meat shields also if you form them up in a line. The buggies would have to move around the MBT before attacking the rocket infantry and should get kiled befre they can shoot one bullet at your infantry.

As I said in the tip, if you are ST putting a Rocket Squad inside is an awesome tactic, it really helps (Thanks to Gromij for that one).

This post has been edited by IKMS: Oct 14 2009, 17:07 PM

+
# 15(Best)(Noob) Oct 14 2009, 17:09 PM
If its not all in you have to cancel your second refinery unless you scout it really early on, which sets your eco back.

+
# 16IKMS Oct 14 2009, 17:18 PM
QUOTE((Best)(Noob) @ Oct 14 2009, 18:09 PM) *

If its not all in you have to cancel your second refinery unless you scout it really early on, which sets your eco back.

If you just cancel the Harvs and start building tier 1 MBTs then you should be able to hold them off long enough to get infantry, it won't always work and depends on your speed and your opponent's speed.

+
# 17Maverick Oct 14 2009, 19:15 PM
Nice tip. I normally like to keep three Pitbulls.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 18I.AM.OP Oct 14 2009, 21:32 PM
QUOTE(maverick199 @ Oct 15 2009, 05:15 AM) *

Nice tip. I normally like to keep three Pitbulls.

I tend to stear away from pitbulls as if your playing against a good player they can micro their bikes so that the bike can shoot the pit yet the pit cannot shoot the bike.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 19Super_Stunner Oct 14 2009, 21:46 PM
QUOTE(Roboreaper @ Oct 14 2009, 12:33 PM) *

using infantry to stop the first wave of bikes always works and gives you time to prepare for the next wave.

awakened don't bug out as much as you think if you know their limits

LOOOLL, I think YOU don't play a lot dear sir, if you make infantry I first make 2-3 buggies and then send my bikes..yeah we should really listen to you....

+
# 20MLG Pro Oct 14 2009, 22:00 PM
scorps don't work
inf takes too long (unless u produced them at the start of the game, in which case you gave your game away)
bikes+healing war fac is honestly the only thing vNod has imho

Game: Kanes Wrath

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)