Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Red Alert 3: History of Events

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Inspector RaGe Mar 21 2016, 15:08 PM
IPB Image

Discussion for the History of Red Alert 3 article.

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Inspector RaGe Mar 21 2016, 15:16 PM
Props to Vindies in taking the time to compile all this data for this article.

+
# 3AggressivePanda Mar 21 2016, 15:22 PM
A very nice read from Vindies and Inspector RaGe smile.gif

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4Inspector RaGe Mar 21 2016, 15:25 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Mar 21 2016, 10:22 AM) *

A very nice read from Vindies and Inspector RaGe smile.gif

Thank you for the art as well, much appreciated. smile.gif

+
# 5RRcabal Mar 21 2016, 15:55 PM
I came into Red Alert 3 during the conquercup days, and I have a few facts from them days.

This is a funny fact from me, so one conquercup I forget if it was #30 or #20, but there was a pop up cash prize for the first person to lose vs. Technique, and I was the one who got dealt with tech in the first round, of the brackets, so I played vs him, with TheGunRun and Scan1 streaming the game, I lost within like 2 min of the game, and won myself $30. smile.gif

Another fact, this was the last Conquercup hosted by Elven or JonnyKnows, so since it was the last conquercup, I went to the PM, and message all the pro's experts elites, from Technique, to firgli, even players like nukestrike and soferneL, once the conquercup came into perspective, and that day, alot of pros showed up and play, which was great since me and JohnnyKnows were the ones casting the final ccup, and it was amazing.

One final ccup fact, we had a 3 man stream going on, a game with yui-yiu vs [EURO]ScrewMe, it was Me, Elven, and cattiepoo doing a 3 man cast, it was alot of fun, it kind of sucks that all of this was in the past, and during the course of all that, all of the stream and evidence were vanished the ccup website don't exist anymore, all the streams were livestream or Ustream, which is soooooooo out dated, players use twitch now, but yeah there are your facts from my side. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cabal^: Mar 21 2016, 16:04 PM

Game: None

+
# 6zokker13 Mar 21 2016, 17:02 PM
It seems like you omitted the German scene entirely.
No AGS, EA Masters or ESL cups?
No UF vs. GR?

Why didn't you include KotH or tournaments with merchandise?
SC2 beta keys were sold for hundrets of dollar back then..

Good work anyway.
It's probably a pain in the ass to grab such information without any reliable source.

+
# 7Zak.T Mar 21 2016, 18:52 PM
hi @Inspector RaGe how i can find the interviews of all recent experts? O:)

+
# 8AggressivePanda Mar 21 2016, 19:25 PM
QUOTE(Zak.T @ Mar 21 2016, 18:52 PM) *

Try this, you might find what you're looking for here.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 9Zak.T Mar 21 2016, 21:50 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Mar 21 2016, 19:25 PM) *

thank you sir biggrin.gif

+
# 10Vindies Mar 25 2016, 12:33 PM
QUOTE(Zak.T @ Mar 21 2016, 19:52 PM) *

I attached links to all expert interviews in the list of experts on page #4 wink.gif

QUOTE(zokker13 @ Mar 21 2016, 18:02 PM) *

It seems like you omitted the German scene entirely.
No AGS, EA Masters or ESL cups?

As I wrote in the introducton page of the spreadsheet:

I may be missing out some events due to the lost information.
If you, by any chance, can provide information about the above. I am very
interested in hearing from you!

Give me event name, top3, prizes, date and maybe a source of the events and I will of course add them.

The forums of the german scene, United Forums, does not provide much information in general about past events. The only thing I could find about EA Masters is this.
www.eamasters.de does not exist anymore. Regarding ESL Cups I only found this. Nothing to be found about ESL on the active ESL website.

AGS is not even mentioned on UF as far as I can see.

To me it seems like this was the only tourney hosted by UF alone. And that one was definately not well-executed.

No UF vs. GR?

I don't think there is reason to include the UF vs GR event. This was like a clan war between six players from the two forums where UF beat GR 23-22. I see no reason to give the individuals of UF credit for winning. One of their players even lost all his games...

Why didn't you include KotH or tournaments with merchandise?
SC2 beta keys were sold for hundrets of dollar back then..

As far as I can see, King of the Hill events were hosted two times, one time in 2008 and one time in 2010. In 2008 I can find some replays from before the release of the game. In 2010 it was some kind of event where a random player from the top8 of last CCup got to play vs the king. We are missing quite alot of info and I am quite confused about what was actually going on.

I did include tournaments with merchandise. I just didn't include the prizes because I found it hard to compare merchandise with cash prizes. I may change this decision and change a few "$0"-prizes to "Graphic Card xxx" and "Generals 2 beta key"...

I don't think SC2 beta keys were ever prizes in RA3 tournaments?

Good work anyway.
It's probably a pain in the ass to grab such information without any reliable source.

It is indeed.

+
# 11Inspector RaGe Mar 25 2016, 18:49 PM
I can keep this topic pinned and you can keep the spread sheet updated as we go a long (or with past details you were not able to find before). wink.gif

+
# 12zokker13 Mar 25 2016, 19:11 PM
QUOTE(Vindies @ Mar 25 2016, 13:33 PM) *

The forums of the german scene, United Forums, does not provide much information in general about past events. The only thing I could find about EA Masters is this.
www.eamasters.de does not exist anymore. Regarding ESL Cups I only found this. Nothing to be found about ESL on the active ESL website.

AGS is not even mentioned on UF as far as I can see.

To me it seems like this was the only tourney hosted by UF alone. And that one was definately not well-executed.

Ya, the problem is that the German scene was almost exclusively handled by F7C and they died a few years ago.
AGS, EAMasters and other tournaments were ran by them.

What a shame.

This was like a clan war between six players from the two forums where UF beat GR 23-22. I see no reason to give the individuals of UF credit for winning. One of their players even lost all his games...

I don't understand your reasoning.
What about clanwars?
Of course a player's win is a player's win. And also the team's win.
It was probably the biggest event back then even with Greg Black passing by at some point.

As far as I can see, King of the Hill events were hosted two times, one time in 2008 and one time in 2010. In 2008 I can find some replays from before the release of the game. In 2010 it was some kind of event where a random player from the top8 of last CCup got to play vs the king. We are missing quite alot of info and I am quite confused about what was actually going on.

I'm sure both KotH had some cash money involved.
The later had a system with 3 time winners get x amount and such.
And the players were always selected by random ladder draws.

I don't think SC2 beta keys were ever prizes in RA3 tournaments?

I really think they were thrown away at some point.

+
# 13B00M May 15 2016, 10:34 AM
There is a HOF replay from 2016! wink.gif

Game: Blizzard

+
# 14Vindies May 15 2016, 15:14 PM
QUOTE(B00M @ May 15 2016, 11:34 AM) *

There is a HOF replay from 2016! wink.gif

HOOORAAAY!! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

+
# 15Zak.T May 16 2016, 09:09 AM
QUOTE(Vindies @ Mar 25 2016, 12:33 PM) *

I attached links to all expert interviews in the list of experts on page #4 wink.gif

Omg how i missed this ♥ ty Vindies

+
# 16Zak.T May 16 2016, 09:19 AM
Wow this is very cool tbh i didnt know how to read this topic before .... and that's what i was looking for i needed to know about old players and stats and many more things... this is great for new players who need to know about RA3 ...thank you guys for the Op work [nab English KK] tongue.gif

+
# 17Proffloff89 May 16 2016, 09:27 AM
QUOTE(Zak.T @ May 16 2016, 09:19 AM) *

Wow this is very cool tbh i didnt know how to read this topic before .... and that's what i was looking for i needed to know about old players and stats and many more things... this is great for new players who need to know about RA3 ...thank you guys for the Op work [nab English KK] tongue.gif

We have a guy named Andrey in this community, ur English is kinda OP compared to he smile.gif

+
# 18Vindies May 22 2016, 14:58 PM
Do you guys think that the recent KoTH-series should be involved in the statistics?

As stated on this reply, I am currently feeling 70% no and 30% yes because of the unfair map pool, unfair BO-format and wanting to give some kind of credit at the same time...

What do you guys think?

+
# 19yellowjacket May 22 2016, 15:58 PM
Depends on the point of this project. Is it to analyze results based on what is believed to be completely fair tournaments? Or are you documenting a legacy for RA3 competition?

+
# 20Vindies May 23 2016, 05:31 AM
The point is mainly to give an overview of the competitive events. I guess I won't include it unless people disagree and provide a good argument to include it smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)